Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that finds the rush to get someone, who on the video evidence appears capable of high levels of thuggery, to represent his country.

I know there will be the shout of provocation, not guilty until found guilty, but the video don't look good, whatever the provocation!

I hate the idea of sportsmen being held up as role models, as after all they are just human beings, but equally there is a degree of responsibility on their part to make sure they don't get caught up in such incidents.
    Except that two guys have now come forward and said that Stokes and Hales were defending them after they were subjected to homophobic abuse and threats. Puts a different slant on things for me.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am sure that somebody in the CPS is an Aussie and keeps putting the papers to the bottom of the pile and when we have lost the series decide there is no case to answer.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      Except that two guys have now come forward and said that Stokes and Hales were defending them after they were subjected to homophobic abuse and threats. Puts a different slant on things for me.
      Yep, I am sure there are two sides to a story, but have you seen the video, the two guys were backing away holding their hands up when Stokes lamps one of them and puts him to the floor... the guy Stokes is with is trying to get him to come away, but Stokes even swipes at his m8 - he had quite clearly lost the plot.

The expression reasonable force springs to mind - was it reasonable as the "victims" at this point were offering no threat and attempting to back away and leave? Yes homophobic or for that matter any threats are wrong, but there are ways to deal with it. Was that the right way, an England international brawling and rolling over the floor in a street fight!?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      How and why is it taking so long for Somerset Police to make a decision on whether there is sufficient evidence to charge him or not? He was arrested 2 months ago.
      Priorities - those child abuse allegations from the 60s and 70s won't sort themselves.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Yep, I am sure there are two sides to a story, but have you seen the video, the two guys were backing away holding their hands up when Stokes lamps one of them and puts him to the floor... the guy Stokes is with is trying to get him to come away, but Stokes even swipes at his m8 - he had quite clearly lost the plot.

The expression reasonable force springs to mind - was it reasonable as the "victims" were offering no threat and attempting to back away and leave? Yes homophobic or for that matter any threats are wrong, but there are ways to deal with it. Was that the right way?
      I also saw one of those poor defenceless "offerning no threat" try to bottle him a minute before that. If you try to bottle someone who is unarmed then you deserve to get a kicking. If you are an agressive homophobic on top of that then It does put some more light onto it.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LVGull View Post
      Going to New Zealand to visit his parents............apparently. Just taking his bat for self protection
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
      Who is Kaiser Soze??

0 Not allowed!
      Interesting.........does that suggest that the ECB have been given an indication that Stokes is unlikely to face charges?
      "Work is the curse of the drinking classes" Oscar Wilde
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Sorting out the jet lag so that when he gets the call he can hit the ground running - smart move
      Technocrat

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
      I also saw one of those poor defenceless "offerning no threat" try to bottle him a minute before that. If you try to bottle someone who is unarmed then you deserve to get a kicking. If you are an agressive homophobic on top of that then It does put some more light onto it.
      Spot on.