Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Veg is nice to eat raw?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just to add a bit of extra controversy, botanically speaking, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are not berries.

Isn't it called a "droopsack" or something like that. I think it's to do with ovaries on the outside or something. I remember summat about it on QI. either way, Nothing beats a fresh, ripe strawberry on a summer day, berry or not.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
avocados, white cabbage, red cabbage, chicory, red peppers, green peppers, onions, baby leeks, courgettes, carrots, pea shoots, water cress etc., I could go on ...

having worked at a mushroom farm when a student I would never eat them raw

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is a cucumber a berry ? it grows on a vine.

Dont know, I think you cant class the onion family as veg as they are bulbs, potatoes are tubers, I think from memory. I may check up later as its fun to be pedantic.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
avocados, white cabbage, red cabbage, chicory, red peppers, green peppers, onions, baby leeks, courgettes, carrots, pea shoots, water cress etc., I could go on ...

having worked at a mushroom farm when a student I would never eat them raw

I see what you're saying. What's that old joke again?...

Why are politicians like mushroom farmers?
Because they feed us bullshit and keep us in the dark.

I'd still trust raw mushrooms over meat, and especially shellfish, any day of the week when it comes to picking up something nasty.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I see what you're saying. What's that old joke again?...

Why are politicians like mushroom farmers?
Because they feed us bullshit and keep us in the dark.

I'd still trust raw mushrooms over meat, and especially shellfish, any day of the week when it comes to picking up something nasty.

I see what you're saying too :thumbsup:
I forgot Cauliflower

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here