Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Changes for Arsenal

Maybank Holiday

Sep 25, 2017
We may be without Hemed, so Murray if he's fit, but I can't help feeling it's time to unleash Izzy, probably for Knockaert. Anthony's not been
at his best and showed signs of petulance on Sunday, including a silly booking. If he hadn't been so intent on pushing the defender out of the way, he may have got out of the way of Gross' shot. Won't do him any harm to realise he's not indispensible and might be the kick up the backside he needs. Besides, after spending £13.5m, I'd like to see what the guy has to offer. Thoughts?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Welcome to NSC. Good user name :)

Hopefully we will have Tomer leading the line.

Agree about merits of others but not keen on knocking Knocky at all - he is still by far our most dangerous looking player and I love watching him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We may be without Hemed, so Murray if he's fit, but I can't help feeling it's time to unleash Izzy, probably for Knockaert. Anthony's not been
at his best and showed signs of petulance on Sunday, including a silly booking. If he hadn't been so intent on pushing the defender out of the way, he may have got out of the way of Gross' shot. Won't do him any harm to realise he's not indispensible and might be the kick up the backside he needs. Besides, after spending £13.5m, I'd like to see what the guy has to offer. Thoughts?

Welcome to NSC, Jose :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I'm sorry this is just nonsense. Our next game is away to Arsenal and we must field our strongest and possibly defensive minded team as possible. Knocly actually played ok. Some of his passing was sublime.Don't forget we are 6 games in and i believe this is his 3rd full game.
As for Izzy he wouldn't get the nod over Murray or Hemed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Welcome. It's Jose and Izzy by NSC consensus.

I assume you are talking about Jose with the transfer fee quoted. I've been waiting for his first start for a while but I don't think Knocky had a poor enough game to replace and there's no way you can replace Solly on current form, unless for fitness reasons. Knockaert is a confidence player and as soon as he gets a goal (hopefully soon) it will spark him into previous form. Opinions of course.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Welcome and a very brave call having a dig at Saint Anthony with your first post....

....kill him....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Please please please can we stop referring to Izquerdo as Izzy. FFS.

Yep that confuse me as my above above suggests. You are right though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like watching Knockaert play however I get very frustrated with his attitude and it may come back to haunt him.

If another player plays a bad pass to him he moans like hell and sometimes sulks on the wing, if he plays a bad ball just shrugs his shoulders.

Would like to see a lit bit less of the petulance

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I was wondering which Izzy you were referring to - Brown or Izquierdo - but in essence, I agree. However, I also think we under-estimate the influence Knocky has on the game even when he is off his game. He's a threat that teams are wary of and we need that in the side, so I'm a little reticent to drop him. But, we need to be able to give Izquierdo time to show us what he can do. That means more than a 10 minute cameo.

I actually think Knockeart is just trying to hard and perhaps feels he has to live up to his reputation. I think he needs to relax a little. These creative types need to know that they are free to experiment.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Why drop our most creative player against an Arsenal side blowing hot and cold? I agree, the booking he picked up was silly but appeared to have been subbed more for fatigue than petulance.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we're playing in yellow, we might as well give the kids a run out and fully prepare for Everton.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Don't understand people knocking Knocky, he was our best attacking player in the first half yesterday.

Alright he didn't have his best game against Bournemouth but was very good against Watford and West Brom before that. Still our best player IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brown in for Tomer if he's suspended. Murray has looked woeful so far. Otherwise unchanged.

That would give us more defensive cover but Arsenal are renowned for being poor in central defence especially in the air. I expect either Duffy or Dunk or even both to score from a corner we just need somebody to win the corner.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Has Knockaert contributed anything so far this season? The man is a magician, but his form is poor at the moment. March back to the right hand side, Izquierdo in for a start and Knockaert as Plan B from the bench for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here