Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Changes for Arsenal

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't understand people knocking Knocky, he was our best attacking player in the first half yesterday.

Alright he didn't have his best game against Bournemouth but was very good against Watford and West Brom before that. Still our best player IMO.

Not sure he was better than March to be honest. Did reasonably well, but they seemed more set up to stop Knocky and Bruno down that side than they were March and Suttner on the other. Suttner has started well, and with March's form it is taking advantage of teams underestimating our left side and thinking all our danger comes from the right.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Brown in for Tomer if he's suspended. Murray has looked woeful so far. Otherwise unchanged.

See CH's post match comment. Considers IB as no 10 and therefore replacement for PG. GM is not fit but CH hopes he will be for next week. Suspect he would start GM and bring IB on second half (unless we are 1-0 up then all bets are off..)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
See CH's post match comment. Considers IB as no 10 and therefore replacement for PG. GM is not fit but CH hopes he will be for next week. Suspect he would start GM and bring IB on second half (unless we are 1-0 up then all bets are off..)

Probably. Doesn't look like Murray will be fit anyway ?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Probably. Doesn't look like Murray will be fit anyway ?

CH on website:

“I was hoping Glenn Murray was going to be available for this game, but it’s still the problem he had at Leicester with his ankle and he’s not quite there yet.

“We’re hopeful that he’ll be available for the Arsenal game next week.”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd go unchanged unless injury or suspension force one.

Knockaert was our most dangerous player in the first half, we just needed to get it to him more, while a ban for Hemed would be ridiculously harsh.

If the unfortunate does happen then hopefully Murray will be fit or it's Brown in the striker role for me too.

Sunday was an outstanding team performance & it would be harsh to drop any of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If Hemed is out then I'd like to see something adventurous like Jose on the wing and play AK in the No9 role.
Two pacey wingers, Knockys trickery through the middle and Groß pulling the strings behind.
Not gonna happen I know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
CH on website:

“I was hoping Glenn Murray was going to be available for this game, but it’s still the problem he had at Leicester with his ankle and he’s not quite there yet.

“We’re hopeful that he’ll be available for the Arsenal game next week.”

'Hopeful........next week'.........another 2 months then.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Has Knockaert contributed anything so far this season? The man is a magician, but his form is poor at the moment. March back to the right hand side, Izquierdo in for a start and Knockaert as Plan B from the bench for me.

Deliberately hit the post at Watford. Drop him.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
If Hemed banned and Murray and Baldock are injured then sorely we need a new formation that allows Marck Knockaert and Izquierdo to all play together. Thats unless we move Dunk - our former leading scorer - to the front!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Brown or Murphy through the middle I imagine. Arsenal game is the least of our worries if it's a 3 game ban... hard place for Hemed to make an impact anyway. Let's hope the international break give Murray's injury time to heal.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
When we are bossing a game Knockaert is excellent.

However, when it's backs against the wall and we're not dominating the ball he acts like a child. On Sunday i saw him throw his arms in the air, sulk and WALK after being stripped of the ball. He had done about 6 step overs, decided not to lay it off to Bruno but instead get dispossessed and not even try to win it back.

He needs to learn he's not un drop-able and fans needs to take their rose tinted glasses off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
When we are bossing a game Knockaert is excellent.

However, when it's backs against the wall and we're not dominating the ball he acts like a child. On Sunday i saw him throw his arms in the air, sulk and WALK after being stripped of the ball. He had done about 6 step overs, decided not to lay it off to Bruno but instead get dispossessed and not even try to win it back.

He needs to learn he's not un drop-able and fans needs to take their rose tinted glasses off.

Knocky is Knocky. Almost trying too hard at the moment and getting frustrated. That scenario seems a rarity this season I'd say as he's noticeably been less selfish and delivering the ball earlier - to the point where once or twice, you'd wish he'd take people on. Whether or not it's happening for him, he's a big threat and for that reason occupies opponents very usefully. Very unfair to claim he's no good when it's backs against the wall as he's one of the hardest working wingers we've ever had and generally tracks back brilliantly.

Agree that he's far from undroppable, which is as it needs to be at this level. I should think he already knows that himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here