Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benteke

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whilst I take great satisfaction in the Croydon lot holding up the division ,I must say I don't regarding a player being injured
I agree, but 8 weeks is no biggie, we're not talking about someone seeing their career cut short here.
Plus it will give them an excuse if they are still shi*te in a couple of months.
There are no excuses for what they've served up. We've been missing Baldock, Murray, Brown up front, Kayal and Sidwell in the middle etc, but even we have managed to score a goal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One of many despondent posts on BBS this afternoon:

"I'm just angry that our board has allowed this to happen.

How many times does a last minute transfer get screwed up before you realise that is a bad idea to leave it that late? And for key positions as well.
The idea that it is good business practice is a joke. How is getting relegated good for business?

There will be repercussions at the end of this season for sure, when we are inevitably relegated. Don't be surprised to see us selling in January rather than buying, because we could be down by then.

The whole thing is a bloody disgrace."
I think that's just been cut and pasted from here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't ever want to wish an injury on any player (except maybe Barton) but I wonder if this might actually be a blessing in some way for Palace. Clearly they're stuck in a rut and Benteke hasn't looked like scoring for ages. This forces Hodgson to mix it up a bit and experiment with fringe players. A change of approach and some fresh faces might lift their mood and fortune. Clearly, I'm hoping it doesn't work out for them....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't ever want to wish an injury on any player (except maybe Barton) but I wonder if this might actually be a blessing in some way for Palace. Clearly they're stuck in a rut and Benteke hasn't looked like scoring for ages. This forces Hodgson to mix it up a bit and experiment with fringe players. A change of approach and some fresh faces might lift their mood and fortune. Clearly, I'm hoping it doesn't work out for them....

Good point. The flair and charisma of Woy may now come to the fore. Expect attacking fireworks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They don't have many options. Besides this is the Premier league. It will be square pegs in round holes. Benteke is going through one of those patches that most strikers go through. Most managers continue to play them until one drops in for them.

This is really bad news for them

larus

Good point. The flair and charisma of Woy may now come to the fore. Expect attacking fireworks.

Hmm, I think they need

fireworks-574739_960_720.jpg

and not

images.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Might help them. They might have to play football now rather than lump it forward to that plank.

Regardless of injury those cloggers were bound to revert to hoofball and kicking lumps out of opponents. De Feat trying to teach palace the beautiful game is like trying to pick up a dog turd by the clean end.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

was thinking the same, Benteke makes them predicatble. on his game he's good but he's been rubbish apparently all season (longer?) and when confidence goes strikers are a liability. a new man up front, less pressure, change of tactics so on. cant really be any worse for them.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I feel sorry for the fella but not the club, not even for a nanosecond.

It may be a blessing in disguise. No forwards? Play an extra defender. 0-0 = a point which let's face they'd love right now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I feel sorry for the fella but not the club, not even for a nanosecond.

It may be a blessing in disguise. No forwards? Play an extra defender. 0-0 = a point which let's face they'd love right now.

Man Utd away and Chelsea at home next. No chance

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We haven't scored for 6 games, can't see it being too much of a problem.
Step forward Scotty Dann !

It was suggested earlier that you had got rid of that awful goal music. Then we remembered...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We haven't scored for 6 games, can't see it being too much of a problem.
Step forward Scotty Dann !
Most of your fellow fans have (understandably) decided to take a break from NSC for a while, good to see you've popped over.

I'm not getting ahead of myself, there's a long way to go and it's going to be a tough season for us - where do you think our clubs will finish at the end of the season?

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Most of your fellow fans have (understandably) decided to take a break from NSC for a while, good to see you've popped over.

I'm not getting ahead of myself, there's a long way to go and it's going to be a tough season for us - where do you think our clubs will finish at the end of the season?

I pray for Palace it will be 4th bottom. Will depend how other teams do over the next few games. We will pick up but might be too late.

As for you.. have started better than I thought but without more goals teams will start to suss you out a little. Anything above bottom 3 has to be seen as a success, gives you a platform to build from. Having said that there are some really poor teams this year and we have lost to most of them already!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I pray for Palace it will be 4th bottom. Will depend how other teams do over the next few games. We will pick up but might be too late.

As for you.. have started better than I thought but without more goals teams will start to suss you out a little. Anything above bottom 3 has to be seen as a success, gives you a platform to build from. Having said that there are some really poor teams this year and we have lost to most of them already!!

If we stay up and beat your lot at home then I'd regard that as a very successful season. The Leicester and Man City games worried me greatly that we would stink out this league but having now played Watford, West Brom, B'muff and Newcastle and seen that we can at least hold our own against those teams and we look like being a tricky side to play at home (Man City only managed the 2 goals) so I'm filled with a lot more hope that staying up is at least achievable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I pray for Palace it will be 4th bottom.
Yep, not what you'd have been hoping for over summer, but we'd both take 4th bottom now.

We will pick up but might be too late.
You've been bottom at Christmas and looked like you were challenging Derby's record, then turned it around before, there's loads of time still.

Are there? I've been a little concerned that there aren't really shit teams this year - not on the level of the bottom 3 from last year at least. Apart from you so far of course (not actually meant as a dig, read the end of the sentence), but I'm confident you won't be so bad later in the season. However, as Souness alluded to yesterday, teams that were doing fine and then go a few games without a win can easily lose confidence, and suddenly you wonder where your next win will come from. And with no easy games (it's a cliche because it's true) there's no guarantee that win will come, so I guess any of a number of teams could find themselves out of form and struggling.

The history books will always show your first home league defeat in the Amex was against Palace
The history books will show that the worst start to a season by any club in the top divisions in Europe, and any club in all English leagues, since - well, ever, is by you, right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here