Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benteke

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don't you have to name a 25 man squad by a certain date meaning they will have to wait now ?

Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

This is why they had to release the player above, or they would have had to include him.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Don't you have to name a 25 man squad by a certain date meaning they will have to wait now ?

I think they released him before naming the 24 which allows a potential free transfer. (May be wrong)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can see Steve Parish picking himself as Centre Forward - much like the PE teacher 'Mr Sugden', played by Brain Glover in Kes.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We haven't scored for 6 games, can't see it being too much of a problem.
Step forward Scotty Dann !

It's an opportunity for someone, you have to expect the replacement (and the player bumped up onto the bench) will be making the most of their chance and trying hard to stay there when Benteke's available again. An injury is not always the worst thing that can happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is one aspect of Palace's misfortunes I'll not laugh at with HemedStampGate hanging over us.

That said...

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 16.26.47.png

[tweet]906953247071580160[/tweet]

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know a few Palace fans been moaning about him anyway so maybe will work out.

Then again , shite supporters that lot

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The thing is I'd rather he was fit because he clearly doesn't give a toss. Anyone coming in can only do better than him.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Sam Allardyce must already be receiving phone calls from Parrish lining him up to return as the saviour in January - it's nailed on.
He will want Palarse about 5 points adrift from safety so he can still save them, whilst demanding about a £5 million bonus if he does it.

Big Sam is the new Harry.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of many despondent posts on BBS this afternoon:

"I'm just angry that our board has allowed this to happen.

How many times does a last minute transfer get screwed up before you realise that is a bad idea to leave it that late? And for key positions as well.
The idea that it is good business practice is a joke. How is getting relegated good for business?

There will be repercussions at the end of this season for sure, when we are inevitably relegated. Don't be surprised to see us selling in January rather than buying, because we could be down by then.

The whole thing is a bloody disgrace."

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What ever happened to Connor Wickham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here