Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 East Lower & surrounded by tossers

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Old fart here... 67 years supporting Albion. Getting towards the end and thought I would treat my last years to 1901... with my son & grandson.
oh dear not an Albion fan around. In all points of my compass are sitting "Goldstone hospitality" fans... normally always supporting the away team. I try not to get cross when the geezer next me, the woman behind me etc, etc, are pissed off when we do well and giving it plenty when the other team have chances. Every week these fans change but their allegiances are never for the Albion. Wadda I do?
Reevaluate. You were (understandably) trying to treat yourself. It hasn't worked out. Find somewhere else to sit.

Maybe someone here could recommend a good option.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
My son and I are in 1901 and I totally disagree with your description of the inhabitants being 'corporate' and 'jollied'. I have seen very few that I put in that category and actually saw as many when we were in WSL. Everyone I meet and talk to are just like us ... genuine, dyed-in-the-wool Albion fans of all ages who want, and are able to afford, a bit more comfort.

Perhaps you have been unlucky but your criticisms are completely unjustified in our part of 1901. We love it!

100% agree. Lots of long term Albion fans where we sit too in ESL - and very few "corporate". Inevitably there has been an increase in the yellow lanyard Goldstone restaurant brigade this year as frankly it is the first year there has been any real notion of a separate sit down waiter service restaurant in the East Stand lower that is not a shared space with all other East 1901. No surprise to me that this also includes some away fans - had prepared myself that this would happen. I have to say I do find myself being even louder and a little less compromising in standing up to allow them to pass me to access the restaurant in the 41st minute and when they return to their seats in the 49th minute than I am for the weak bladder / get to the bar first casuals.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
100% agree. Lots of long term Albion fans where we sit too in ESL - and very few "corporate". Inevitably there has been an increase in the yellow lanyard Goldstone restaurant brigade this year as frankly it is the first year there has been any real notion of a separate sit down waiter service restaurant in the East Stand lower that is not a shared space with all other East 1901. No surprise to me that this also includes some away fans - had prepared myself that this would happen. I have to say I do find myself being even louder and a little less compromising in standing up to allow them to pass me to access the restaurant in the 41st minute and when they return to their seats in the 49th minute than I am for the weak bladder / get to the bar first casuals.

That's well mannered of the fans to allow mixing, even in 1901.

At clubs with (monied) hard men such as Stoke, Leeds or Palace, even in the corporates, no way would they allow away fans to stay amongst them.

Withdean Chappy

Jul 21, 2017
Westdean
Reevaluate. You were (understandably) trying to treat yourself. It hasn't worked out. Find somewhere else to sit.

Maybe someone here could recommend a good option.

For instance where the staff ensure that supporters do not have their view of the match blocked by those who keep standing up

Jan 30, 2008
Move to the West Stand Lower, we may not be the noise makers but it is stuffed with Albion fans treating themselves after years of getting wet and driving 100 miles to home games.
funny that , I was in west stand lower and there was probably around 150/200 like minded individuals in the area i was sitting in spread about, I think you'll find a lot of them have given it a miss after treating themselves:rolleyes:
regards
DR

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We only have 10-15k proper Albion fans at anyone time the rest are part timers when things are going well.

Years ago I would have agreed, particularly with the lost generation, these days I would say it's nearer 18-20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here