Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GOSBTS "Going up" or "Stand or Fall"?

GOSBTS What do you sing when the players walk out?

• You can tell them all that we stand or fall

Votes: 301 84.1%
  • And we're going up to win the cup

Votes: 52 14.5%
  • None. I don't sing.

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Have to admit i have to auto correct myself from singing Going up to Stand or fall it's just a very old habit i can't quite erase , my heart is always gay though .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Only divs sing about winning cups during a league fixture .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
OK, so I'm the old guy here who went to games before big screens and karaoke. It was 'and we're going up for to win the cup'.
It was and always will be for me.

But what is the problem with singing the original words to the song? "You can tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea" is a powerful message of solidarity.
Do you still insist on calling Albion "The Dolphins"?

Only divs sing about winning cups during a league fixture .

What IS acceptable to you then?

Singing about Palace when we are not playing them?

Singing "My Old Man said ...." when I doubt that happens to any Brighton Fan?

Singing Knockhaert's better than Ozil? Is that proven?

Ulloa? Was his ratio really a goal a game? Or was Zamora really the best in the land?

Where does it end?

I put it to you, you're a "div"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
GOSBTS "Going up" or "Stand or Fall"?

Frigging hell [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Bar Stewardisation isn't offensive. It's a real word. Google must be hypersensitive...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fixed. Hopefully.

Bastardisation you old *******.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Ulloa? Was his ratio really a goal a game? Or was Zamora really the best in the land?

Where does it end?

Calm down Dorothy

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Where does it end?

Surely it's about being consistent and not being pig-headed rather than what is acceptable.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
But what is the problem with singing the original words to the song? "You can tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea" is a powerful message of solidarity.
Do you still insist on calling Albion "The Dolphins"?
Funny thing about Dolphins and Seagulls is that the Seagulls chant has stopped and is now done only by newbies who think they have to. Rarely heard away from home these days.
And before I get shot down, think back five years and how the Seagulls chant would echo around the Amex every few minutes but now it is heard only when a seagull flies by.
'Albion' is the chant now.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm firmly in the 'going up' camp because it's all i've known for 40 years, until the original words appeared on the Amex screen. To be fair I sing the 'correct' stand or fall lyrics when its up on the screen but revert to the fans version during the game. So for me its both. :shrug:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I'm firmly in the 'going up' camp because it's all i've known for 40 years, until the original words appeared on the Amex screen. To be fair I sing the 'correct' stand or fall lyrics when its up on the screen but revert to the fans version during the game. So for me its both. :shrug:

There is clearly no hope...

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
"Going Up" for me. It's what I've always sung, having the original words on a big telly makes no difference to me.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
"Going Up" for me. It's what I've always sung, having the original words on a big telly makes no difference to me.

The "original words" have meaning that "duh duh de-duh duh duhh" does not! Do the words "And you can tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the sea" not resonate with you? Does not the fact that the song was adopted by the Royal Sussex Regiment during the First World War mean so little?

For some there will never be any hope!

But then I'm a Sussex boy through and through. Proud of my County, proud of our history and proud of our "county anthem"!

Here's the third verse which, in the light of the club's history, may resonate with some.

Sometimes your feet are weary,
Sometimes the way is long,
Sometimes the day is dreary,
Sometimes the world goes wrong;
But if you let your voices ring,
Your care will fly away,
So we'll sing a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

Calm down Dorothy

I am fùcking calm!!!!

I find it incredible though that despite the shit songs opposing fans sing, the older fans continuing to sing a version that was acceptable in the 70s/80s and 90s are now being called "planks" "idiots" and "divs" by other fans who possibly weren't even alive/going to the match during that era

Awaits "I had a season ticket at Gillingham" line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here