Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GOSBTS "Going up" or "Stand or Fall"?

GOSBTS What do you sing when the players walk out?

• You can tell them all that we stand or fall

Votes: 301 84.1%
  • And we're going up to win the cup

Votes: 52 14.5%
  • None. I don't sing.

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Lush

Mods' Pet
Not the chant, but when the players walk out. I've been waiting for one of these lines to win, but it still sounds like an unholy mess.

I slightly favour the original "You can tell them all that we stand or fall" but then does that mark me down as a newbie reading off the screen? Is it better to be "going up to win the cup"? (yes I know it makes no sense - that's a different argument)

What do you sing? I will go with the results of the poll.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not the chant, but when the players walk out. I've been waiting for one of these lines to win, but it still sounds like an unholy mess.

I slightly favour the original "You can tell them all that we stand or fall" but then does that mark me down as a newbie reading off the screen? Is it better to be "going up to win the cup"? (yes I know it makes no sense - that's a different argument)

What do you sing? I will go with the results of the poll.

I was stuck with the same quandary and settled on a compromise. Stand or fall first half, win the cup second.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Stand or Fall. Not only the original line, but a far superior one too, now the lyrics have been on the screen there is no excuse for confusion.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Stand or Fall is far better. 'Stand or Fall' means that regardless of whether Brighton is in good times or bad times, we stick with our club no matter what. It is that 'Stand or Fall' mentality that brought fans to the club even in our darkest days, rallied the fans in the we want Falmer Campaign, and united us in our push for the Premier League.

Our dedication to Sussex by the sea is far more important than some poxy cup that we're 'going up' to win.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm not standing or falling in a trench fighting an Imperialist capitalist war for anyone. I'll watch the football though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We have a 'Stand or Fall' banner so it would seem strange to omit those words from our club song.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
'Stand or fall' is much better but growing up I heard and sang 'going up' a lot more so I automatically sing that. Need to re-educate myself!

Same here, I was playing along with the "Up for the Cup" crowd before understanding the song's history. The "Stand or fall" version is more rousing and just - imo - better.

Unless we're playing a Cup tie, then I might make an exception.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"And we're going up that we stand or fall" :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here