Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minding the gap/knowing our place

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I don't get all precious. As I say, things will swing around the other way sooner or later - and when they do, we've just got to hunker down and ride it out.

But that doesn't mean NSC becomes an acceptable place for Palace piss-taking of all forms on all threads.

For being banned from Palace threads for the mildest of taking the Michael, I beg to differ !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't get all precious. As I say, things will swing around the other way sooner or later - and when they do, we've just got to hunker down and ride it out.

But that doesn't mean NSC becomes an acceptable place for Palace piss-taking of all forms on all threads.

Have to say I'm with the Palace fans on this one, the policing of our friends from the north on here is completely OTT imho, they can post the most innocuous thing and a ban is immediately threatened.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Have to say I'm with the Palace fans on this one, the policing of our friends from the north on here is completely OTT imho, they can post the most innocuous thing and a ban is immediately threatened.

Thanks Botty, it's a bit more liberal on the bbs isn't it :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair points, but don't get all precious when things ain't going your way.
Give and take Bozza, give and take .

Homophobic. :ban:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm just praying their score their first goal and achieve their first point before 28 November, otherwise you just know what's going to happen

But to think they were all laughing in July that we would beat Derby's 11 point record (I know we are not there yet, but)

Not really, if they were 13 games in and still on 0 points and 0 goals, that would be bloody fantastic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For being banned from Palace threads for the mildest of taking the Michael, I beg to differ !

Given the state of your own gash BBS, where they shunt people off to the away fans end for the mildest indiscretions imaginable, I don't really think you're in any position to talk.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Completely different though, isn't it? The BBS has an "Away End" which is a backwater of the site barely visited by anyone. Looking now, there are 10 users there out of 402 online. That's 2.5% of current users. From what I've read on here, as soon as you show your face as an away fan, that is the only place you can post.

On NSC, it nearly all goes on in this forum. We don't kick opposing fans to a dark corner of the site to be ignored by most. But, in return, we expect some decency and respect. Fail to show it, and off you go.

All that said, I'm not entirely happy with how we've dealt with this in the past and I did have a solution in mind that would permit Palace piss-taking but within certain limits. However, as you've been utter toilet, I'd not got round to putting anything in place.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Arguably they are behind us in every area now - stadium, academy, fanbase, manager, backroom staff and squad. Their squad may have cost a hundred or so million but it's just an incohesive bunch of mercenaries who can't do it on the pitch, and the latest instalment- paying £27m for Sakho when they can't put the ball in the net at the other end is quite something. Mismanagement and behind the scenes incompetence on a grand scale and it's no wonder so many of them are calling for that narcissistic cadaverous sartorial nightmare Parish to step down.

:clap:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Derby got 12 points in the Premier League. That's the record some people were tipping us to challenge, but that's going to be difficult from where we are now.

Ironically most of those people were from just up the road.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
parish.png

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Part One - Game 34 of the season, Sat 14 April. If their horror season continues for much longer then that is around the time they might get relegated. And they play us that day...

Part Two - They beat West Brom on the last day of the season to send the Baggies down and keep us up!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're wrong. They are far less tolerant than we are on their board, with the exception of that shìte away end.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Derby got 12 points in the Premier League. That's the record some people were tipping us to challenge, but that's going to be difficult from where we are now.

It was actually 11, 1 win and 8 draws -69 goal difference, if CP continue at the same rate they will concede 82 goals so not as many as Derby

38 1 5 13 12 43 0 3 16 8 46 -69 11

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was actually 11, 1 win and 8 draws -69 goal difference, if CP continue at the same rate they will concede 82 goals so not as many as Derby

38 1 5 13 12 43 0 3 16 8 46 -69 11

Blimey - they only score 20 goals all season. That must have been such a depressing season as a fan.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Completely different though, isn't it? The BBS has an "Away End" which is a backwater of the site barely visited by anyone. Looking now, there are 10 users there out of 402 online. That's 2.5% of current users. From what I've read on here, as soon as you show your face as an away fan, that is the only place you can post.

On NSC, it nearly all goes on in this forum. We don't kick opposing fans to a dark corner of the site to be ignored by most. But, in return, we expect some decency and respect. Fail to show it, and off you go.

All that said, I'm not entirely happy with how we've dealt with this in the past and I did have a solution in mind that would permit Palace piss-taking but within certain limits. However, as you've been utter toilet, I'd not got round to putting anything in place.

If a Palace fan drifts from a Palace thread, they are normally rumbled by the usual suspects, and blocked from posting.
As much as you take great pride in not having an away end, Palace fans are restricted most times to Palace only threads, thus an unofficial away end.
We're never going to agree on this, but you've got the power to do what you want .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If a Palace fan drifts from a Palace thread, they are normally rumbled by the usual suspects, and blocked from posting.
As much as you take great pride in not having an away end, Palace fans are restricted most times to Palace only threads, thus an unofficial away end.
We're never going to agree on this, but you've got the power to do what you want .

The same way palace fans have to power to not be dicks.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You're wrong. They are far less tolerant than we are on their board, with the exception of that shìte away end.

Botty knows all about the away end on the bbs, he's a regular visitor ( in his various guises)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least when it was us who had to "mind the gap" the gap in question wasn't "between the goal posts".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here