Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minding the gap/knowing our place

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm just praying their score their first goal and achieve their first point before 28 November, otherwise you just know what's going to happen

But to think they were all laughing in July that we would beat Derby's 11 point record (I know we are not there yet, but)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just praying their score their first goal and achieve their first point before 28 November, otherwise you just know what's going to happen

That would be 13 (thirteen) games with no points and no goals.

What if the Albion were already on 18 points with a + goal difference?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
football world been laughing at Palace for a couple of years now.

I agree though. If the opportunity is there then take it and get right stuck in.

Its almost a shame none of them dare show their faces on here. Rest assured they will still be viewing this.

If we were bottom of League 2 then this would still be hilarious. The fact we are above them in every way possible makes this flippin hilarious.

HAHAHAHHAHA @ PALACE

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But there is no last. There is no end. This stuff goes on and on and on.

When you have the upper hand, you have to get stuck in. When you don't, you have to hunker down a bit.
Indeed.

If the person who laughed last and therefore longest had started laughing earlier then there would just have been more laughter.

Aug 23, 2011

Indeed if they were 13 games and 0 points then that is them all but down so 1 relegation place sorted. In those circumstances i could almost take them getting their first point(s) against us as it would be a very hollow victory

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Arguably they are behind us in every area now - stadium, academy, fanbase, manager, backroom staff and squad. Their squad may have cost a hundred or so million but it's just an incohesive bunch of mercenaries who can't do it on the pitch, and the latest instalment- paying £27m for Sakho when they can't put the ball in the net at the other end is quite something. Mismanagement and behind the scenes incompetence on a grand scale and it's no wonder so many of them are calling for that narcissistic cadaverous sartorial nightmare Parish to step down.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

They love the fact that they were the first team to beat us at the Amex (after Spurs and Liverpool) I'd rather they didn't get their first goal and win at the Amex.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The lovely thing is, when trying to stay up, you target certain games as ones you would be even more disappointed to not win.

In my mind we have won our 2 "you really need to be winning those sort of games" matches.

Palace have had 3 of those type games. Hudds, Soton and Swansea at home. Lost all 3.

That's pretty huge.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they do an Arsenal in reverse? If a team can go a whole season without losing then isn't it possible that a team can go a whole season without winning? What is the current record for the fewest amount of wins in the top flight or premier league?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The lovely thing is, when trying to stay up, you target certain games as ones you would be even more disappointed to not win.

In my mind we have won our 2 "you really need to be winning those sort of games" matches.

Palace have had 3 of those type games. Hudds, Soton and Swansea at home. Lost all 3.

That's pretty huge.
Yes but strangely over the last few seasons theyve beaten the big boys.

They are just a bloody annoying team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they do an Arsenal in reverse? If a team can go a whole season without losing then isn't it possible that a team can go a whole season without winning? What is the current record for the fewest amount of wins in the top flight or premier league?

Derby got 12 points in the Premier League. That's the record some people were tipping us to challenge, but that's going to be difficult from where we are now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Assuming Croydon FC fail in their next two tough games, they would then need 45 points from their 30 remaining games to overtake us. Maintaining 1.5 points per game is a tough ask in the Prem for ANY team, other than the elite 8 in the top mini league.

They have form here though, don't they?

When Big Fat Sam finally kicked them into gear, they picked up 22 points from 13 games, which included wins at Chelsea and Liverpool and a home stuffing of Arsenal.

That's why we laugh now.

You don't kick a good man when he's down, but you do kick an embarrassment of a football club.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I know there are differences of opinion on this stuff, but mine is that you absolutely HAVE to milk it whilst the opportunity presents itself.

Yes, we will slip up. Yes, they will get better. Yes, they may beat us. Yes, they may finish above us.

But it not now, when? At the end of the season? What if we both stay up or both go down? We'll be in exactly the same position as them if either of those happen.

Laugh now and laugh long. And with that...

[tweet]911986376979222529[/tweet]
[tweet]911996798482477057[/tweet]
[tweet]912007757095563264[/tweet]

Fair points, but don't get all precious when things ain't going your way.
Give and take Bozza, give and take .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Derby got 12 points in the Premier League. That's the record some people were tipping us to challenge, but that's going to be difficult from where we are now.

You're right. I did see some people suggesting that. Says more about their ignorance of our "no stars" team and collective approach rather than any real insight into our chances. As we are proving.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair points, but don't get all precious when things ain't going your way.
Give and take Bozza, give and take .

I don't get all precious. As I say, things will swing around the other way sooner or later - and when they do, we've just got to hunker down and ride it out.

But that doesn't mean NSC becomes an acceptable place for Palace piss-taking of all forms on all threads.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They did get 6,607 at home against Huddersfield last Tuesday.

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Played six, lost six, with Chelsea and City to come next. Very hard to see them getting any points there, which would make them Played 8 and Lost 8.

But...which was the season when they has 3 points after 10 games? Is that the season you're referring to Bozza?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here