Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I saw Dale Stephens today realise his potential

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I presume all of our players will take different times to adjust to this level and new team members. I trust all will improve as time goes on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I will keep it short because I am a massive Dale Stephens fan. Prior to today I had been worried that he hadn't stepped up that level that I was sure he could do.

After watching him today. He is definitely at home at this level

Did at Bournemouth as well, outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Got MOM award on TV and I thought he was neat and tidy and read the game well
He was outstanding last season and so people on here compare his games this season with that which is unfair
He makes a couple of mistakes but then again so did Duffy last week
They are only human and I think him and Propper are going to be a great partnership this season

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I have been critical about whether he can make the step up, but after a great performance against Bournemouth I thought he had another decent game. He has definitely got to cut out the mistakes that will see us get punished against the big teams, but where I saw a big improvement was that he was moving the ball far quicker and made some great forward passes, unlike previous games Onwards & upwards !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Still has an error in his locker, but that's the same with a lot of our team, they all need to learn to concentrate for the whole 98 minutes of every game and cut out the loose passes.

Doesn't every player in the PL? Not sure there is one player that never makes a mistake.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Doesn't every player in the PL? Not sure there is one player that never makes a mistake.

With the pace that most PL games are played at it's inevitable. And the more passes you attempt the more likely you are to miss one.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Got MOM award on TV and I thought he was neat and tidy and read the game well
He was outstanding last season and so people on here compare his games this season with that which is unfair
He makes a couple of mistakes but then again so did Duffy last week
They are only human and I think him and Propper are going to be a great partnership this season

MOM? What channel were you watching? Hemed got it on Sky.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The whole team, individually and collectively, are adjusting to life at the higher level and the difference between the Championship and the PL is massive. Mistakes are inevitable but I reckon, all things considered, we're beginning to adjust well. Dale Stephens exemplifies this progress. Weve still got a long way to go though. Next weeks game will be an indicator of the extent of early progress.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Brilliant today, great assist.

Gave the ball away just before HT and just after. Otherwise didn't put a foot wrong and bossed the game. His first time pinged passes along the ground we all remember from last season are starting to come off nicely. Somehow these get completely ignored by every cretin suggesting he only knows how to pass sideways or backwards, it's exasperating.

Easily two 8-9 rated performances back to back now. When this guy plays (well) we usually win, as evidenced last season so long may it continue.

This. I thought he was incredible and great to watch. I think a lot of football fans in general don't appreciate these types of players, quick first time passes are so difficult and great for the team but it means you haven't got the eyes of the fans on you

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Dale has been a pleasure to watch in these last two games. I like his partnership with Propper, they seem to be striking a similiar dynamic to kayal/Stephens partnershp. Both are providing a tremendous platform for the rest of the team.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The sort of mistakes he was making in the first games struck me as the sort of mistakes that you can learn from and adapt. Initial body shape and touch when recieving the ball etc. Have it nicked off you a few times and you'll quickly realise you have to do things differently now. Still think there's more to come from him but seems to have found his feet in the last couple of games.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's great that Stephens is in the Prem winning games WITH US!

I look forward to him scoring the winning goal vs Burnley and firmly laying THAT ghost to rest.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I thought that Dale deserved man of the match today. After an impressive game at West Ham last week, he is starting to look very solid at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here