Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza ....injury or fallen out with CH?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Murray is carrying an injury,and not fit .......Hemed is playing really well !!....I cant see a problem,when we only use one striker and Brown is fit again,for that role as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't Murray on record as saying he is happy to be a squad player this season? Pretty sure I read that not long ago when he was being interviewed. I am surprised but delighted that Hemed is proving too good to drop.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In the Championship a player just might get away with being less than 100 percent fit. For a striker in the Premier League it's much more difficult. I'm happy to wait until Muzza is fully recovered, especially as Hemed is performing so far above the level that I'm sure many of us expected.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
the made up speculative guff on here.
He's fallen out with Hughton, he's not motivated to get fit, he didn't go to the game, he's pissed off he's on the bench, the club aren't letting on how fit he is.

or . he's just not 100% fit , he's recovering, they're being cautious and his return won't be in a straight line.

[tweet]912021926520004609[/tweet]

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I believe at least one of the times such accusations were levelled at him he was carrying a hernia injury of some sort (thinking Leeds in league 1 when he gave up a chase back leaving them clean through for a goal).

Back after the Leicester game, there were rumours he would be out for 6 weeks - 3 months. This was denied of course (mostly by a certain poster on here). It was mooted in that thread that perhaps the club were downplaying his injury given our inability to sign strikers in the window, and the general mood of fans after the window slammed shut. He returned to the squad, but a generally less inspiring Hemed got the nod ahead of him. When Murray came on toward the end of the game, we saw the Murray that played against Leeds that time.

I'd find it much more believable that Murray is simply more injured than the club let on. He's tried to play through it, using his experience to compensate, but only hasn't really managed it. Wasn't in the squad for the cup game we didn't care about, and with Izzy Brown back, he wasn't on the bench today.

We're on week 5. I'm going to believe he just needs more time to recover to get back to full fitness (and then will probably need a couple of matches to regain match fitness). Hopefully the 6 weeks was closer to the truth than the 3 months, and hopefully, we won't need to rush him back because the FA decided to act on a stamp that may or may not have been deliberate.

Bang on.

I just don't get the criticism of Murray. I absolutely love the man and always clapped him off when he came back here even when he had scored against us (never celebrating).

Last season he was brilliantly level headed (remember him slapping down an over exuberant Knocky?). I have seen him on the box and he is an unassuming, thoughtful man with absolutely no side to him. He is also the picture of health (really looks after himself). Cool calm and collected (easily mistaken for lacking passion - wrong!).

I hope he can recover from his injury and get back in contention soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
199 posts in eight days - congratulations :moo:

Yes but lots of people like to read BG's posts. This one in particular was uniquely informative. :shrug:

You post quite a lot yourself...... mostly having a pop at other posters. Sometimes quite offensively so. Live and let live, eh? :shrug:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He was at the game because I saw a tweet from someone who saw him driving into the car park an hour before kick off.

He was in his box with family. Our seats back on to them but I was in hospitality yesterday so missed it but fella who had my tix says he was in good form, chatting, just injured etc.

Nothing to see here imo

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bang on.

I just don't get the criticism of Murray. I absolutely love the man and always clapped him off when he came back here even when he had scored against us (never celebrating).

Last season he was brilliantly level headed (remember him slapping down an over exuberant Knocky?). I have seen him on the box and he is an unassuming, thoughtful man with absolutely no side to him. He is also the picture of health (really looks after himself). Cool calm and collected (easily mistaken for lacking passion - wrong!).

I hope he can recover from his injury and get back in contention soon.
Great post!

Just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken (and we know how ineffective that was for the last Albion striker who did that), and grin like a Cheshire cat, everyone assumes he's disinterested. Disinterested to the tune of 23 goals last season.

The way we are setting up to play this season will not suit him (I'm surprised it's suited Hemed TBH). If Hemed is out, it'll be Brown upfront, or at least until Baldock is back. In that case it'll be Brown...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Strange really, we love CH for his lack of histrionics, his calm unexcitable demeanour, yet when Murray displays the same traits, he is lambasted by some for not caring

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The way we are setting up to play this season will not suit him (I'm surprised it's suited Hemed TBH). If Hemed is out, it'll be Brown upfront, or at least until Baldock is back. In that case it'll be Brown...

Really ? Hughton dropped Hemed for Leicester and Murray was the first choice lone striker in a 4-4-1-1.
Arguably GM would have been first pick striker v Man City as well if he hadn't missed Athletico Madrid due to the 1 match suspension.
And since then he's been shaking off an injury and Hemed is now in form so obviously likely to keep his place (unless suspended).
And Brown's only appearance this season was in preference to Knockaert .

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Really ? Hughton dropped Hemed for Leicester and Murray was the first choice lone striker in a 4-4-1-1.
Arguably GM would have been first pick striker v Man City as well if he hadn't missed Athletico Madrid due to the 1 match suspension.
And since then he's been shaking off an injury and Hemed is now in form so obviously likely to keep his place (unless suspended).
And Brown's only appearance this season was in preference to Knockaert .
I think Murray plays better in a 2, as he can set up or receive knockdowns.

Playing one up front for me only works with a quicker player, getting through balls and trying to outrun defenders. We know that's not Murray's game.

Up until yesterday we had little choice about who to play upfront, but all credit to Hemed for playing well. I was one of his doubters.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think Murray plays better in a 2, as he can set up or receive knockdowns.

Playing one up front for me only works with a quicker player, getting through balls and trying to outrun defenders. We know that's not Murray's game.

Up until yesterday we had little choice about who to play upfront, but all credit to Hemed for playing well. I was one of his doubters.

Gotcha but there's not much evidence CH agrees. He did switch to 4-4-2 when Murray came on v Bournemouth mind but he's played 4-4-1-1 with either Murray or Hemed as the sole striker (apart from Brown for about 10 mins v AM) for about 10 games now since pre-season started.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was denied mostly... by him. And he's played since then.

He has played since then, but not very well. Which, as I mentioned in the rest of the post, which you have ignored, he has a history of not playing well when he isn't entirely fit.

the made up speculative guff on here.
He's fallen out with Hughton, he's not motivated to get fit, he didn't go to the game, he's pissed off he's on the bench, the club aren't letting on how fit he is.

Yeah, damn these... I hesitate to call them people, they're scum, denying the word of our club and our players. It's inhuman... These "people" spreading absolute lies, scandalous, libellous, lies about him not being fit when Murray himself has said he is!

or . he's just not 100% fit , he's recovering

Oh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently Chris told Glenn that he'd picked Hemed to start ahead of him, and Glenn was furious. He told Chris he wouldn't understand football if it slapped him in the face and Chris said 'I'll give you a slap if you don't shut it'. Glenn through a straight right, Chris ducked and grabbed the lunging Glenn under the armpits, and kneed him in the balls. That was enough to see Glenn drop, but to make a point Chris nutted him on the way down and then stood over his body and gestured to the rest of the team that there was plenty more if anyone else fancied questioning his judgement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here