Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD2 24/9/17 - The Official Thread

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
According to my Radio Times, the match was at the Withdean Stadium.
:ffsparr:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
is it just me. or is Chappers getting increasingly pi55ed off with jermaine jenas who seems to be wanting to take over main man duties ? LOL

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Quite impressed with the coverage to be honest. The whole show on the Amex pitch, and the rest of the world will now have fans of BHA in China, Africa and America due to it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Can I just say, Chris Hughton just oozes class and professionalism, I want him to be our Wenger. A very strong candidate for best Albion manager ever.
He actually went slightly mad for a few seconds today after the winning goal. Not that it means anything as such, but the amusing thread of our manager losing it might make another appearance soon.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Was I mistaken, although did Jamal when interviewed say The Premiership!

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A very strong candidate for best Albion manager ever.

If not CH, you'd need to make a very convincing argument for 'the bestest'. Only one other manger in it and I'm pretty certain that CH is better. Luckily the rest of the football world (as personified by Mike Ashley) think that he is very average so he is ours as long as we want hIm.

#secret.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting to see Jenas ask CH a tricky question or two, ones that a lot on here have asked too tbf. CH very political in his response as ever for any of those hoping for any insight!

I was very pleased he a) noticed and b) asked. Every other media outlet that I've seen seem utterly unaware that this is what Hughton sets us up to do. It's led to match reports that differ wildly from what I saw which was us being comfortably better for 70 minutes and then doing the inevitable sit back and defend the lead. I actually thought that Newcastle posed less threat and put us under less pressure than many championship teams did the last two years. As nervy as the last 15 were they were nothing like most games. It's good that someone is earning their money and actually watching and paying attention to what is happening in front of them.

I'm glad he asked as I was hoping(rather than expecting) a key insight into his thinking. The answer Hughton gave suggests he sees it as an obvious and natural thing to do.

I wonder if the rest of the media will catch on or keep thinking that it's us not being able to cope with our 'superior' opponents dazzling attacking play...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was very pleased he a) noticed and b) asked. Every other media outlet that I've seen seem utterly unaware that this is what Hughton sets us up to do. It's led to match reports that differ wildly from what I saw which was us being comfortably better for 70 minutes and then doing the inevitable sit back and defend the lead. I actually thought that Newcastle posed less threat and put us under less pressure than many championship teams did the last two years. As nervy as the last 15 were they were nothing like most games. It's good that someone is earning their money and actually watching and paying attention to what is happening in front of them.

I'm glad he asked as I was hoping(rather than expecting) a key insight into his thinking. The answer Hughton gave suggests he sees it as an obvious and natural thing to do.

I wonder if the rest of the media will catch on or keep thinking that it's us not being able to cope with our 'superior' opponents dazzling attacking play...

I liked the insight the we Block and Newcastle had practiced to deal with Duffy and Dunk but we still managed to get a goal from a set piece.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The coverage was a bit strange, seemed to show Newcastle as the better/dominant team though Chappers did say Brighton had most of the game... Not sure I have seen MOTD do coverage like that before. Thought Jenas did really well and no mention of the alleged stamp.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The coverage was a bit strange, seemed to show Newcastle as the better/dominant team though Chappers did say Brighton had most of the game... Not sure I have seen MOTD do coverage like that before. Thought Jenas did really well and no mention of the alleged stamp.

Stats say Newcastle had more possession and a lot more shots/corners.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Probably mentioned elsewhere but Sidwell saying he's six weeks off of returning is a bit of a worry.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Brighton were the better team without doubt. Newcastle were good, but it just shows how stats don't really reflect a game always. I saw the beeb report say Newcastle dominated after we scored - they really didn't though. They attacked more and we sat back but didn't dominate the game - just had the inevitable spell that teams often have trying to chase a late equaliser. I guess they were writing a report based partly on their stats too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
By your metric then, keeping a cleansheet must mean Ryan deserves an awful lot of praise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here