Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Newcastle (H)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Knockeart is trying a bit too hard in my opinion. He's trying to live up the the player of the championship last season, and little touches aren't coming off for him. He was running around like a kiddie in the playground. Saying that he's tracking back, chasing players down, and his seemingly endless energy he will always get a starting place in my team! He just needs to keep things simple and the form of last season will come back lm sure

My only criticism of him is that he tended to want to do it all himself last season.
I thought he chose to look for other options more often today.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Also, does anyone think Dunk's attacking play is seriously letting the team down?
He was once our seasons top scorer. Isn't anyone concerned how he's not putting in the effort when it comes to attacking anymore?

You alright mega? Unwind a little mate, get a cuppa and enjoy the 3 points bud!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Excellent team performance today, everyone played well and very little difference between our best an 'worst' performer. To we liked more like a team e.g. Proper seamed to have a more defined role and did it well. There were mistakes made by all the players but we got away with them. Some of the best football I have seen from Brighton.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Murphy 10. Blocked 2 crosses from coming in in the final minutes and never put a foot wrong. Broke away in final minute to run the clock down so ultimately won the match

Oh sorry the other 89 minutes...........Duffy and Stephens also 10

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Murphy 10. Blocked 2 crosses from coming in in the final minutes and never put a foot wrong. Broke away in final minute to run the clock down so ultimately won the match

Oh sorry the other 89 minutes...........Duffy and Stephens also 10

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Some interesting and strange ratings on here. First time I've been to the Amex this season and atmosphere was up there with some of the best.

I generally agree Kocky was 'trying to hard', I think he just needs to change his decision making, he can't take it round 5 players and score in this league, but simply running at a defence can cause havoc and open up space, that happens yesterday but once this pockets opened up he didn't make the pass/the right pass IMO. Hopefully he can adjust his game because there's still a great player there, and his workrate is always 100%.

Ryan - 7.5 - made a load of saves, most were right at him so he looked better than normal, but he make 3-4 absolutely crucial saves that meant we walked away with all 3 points.

Bruno - 6 - I don't understand all the high ratings on here. On so many occasions he was too keen to get forward and got caught out a number of times, paticularly in the first half. You could see Newcastle had dissed him and were targeting this side of our defence. Dunk, Duffy and Stephens had to cover him on multiple occasions distorting our defensive shape. Eventually Hughton clearly gave orders for Knocky to cover him more to match their wings pace. He had a better 2nd half, but I fear teams will see him as our weakest link now.

Duffy - 8 - faultless and really plays with his heart on his sleeve. He's just a brick wall, let's nothing get past him, good positional sense, marking and wins everything in the air.

Dunk - 7 - great defensively but passing was wayward today and in the first half he fluffed his lines on a few occasions, almost leading to a goal. Great player but always look like he had a mistake in him.

Suttner - 7 - solid reliable performance. I don't think Newcastle got past him once. Only tiny critisism is that he didn't offer much going forward.

Propper - 7 - Reassuring display, reads the game incredibly well, covering defensively when we were left short. Went about his day with minimum fuss, seems to look a lot more comfortable, just hope he can impose himself more as season goes on because there's clearly a great player under the hood.

Stephens - 8.5 - great to watch yesterday, beautiful first touch, outstanding quick passing and glorious range of passing. He released March a number of times. Has great awareness and vision of team mates, ball would come to him and he'd pass it instantly, kept us moving and was box-to-box looking very comfortable.

Knockheart - 7 - was a thorn in the side of Newcastle with his enthusiasm and work rate but he couldn't make it count. Often delaying the pass too long or hesitating to shoot, either way making the wrong decision when it counter. He Skye's one in the first half and that seemed to completely dent his confidence shooting for the rest of the game.

March - 9 - was outstanding, I often see him as a simple pacey winger but he's got so much to his game and is now a very well rounded. Newcastle couldn't deal with him, his control and trickery was top notch and seems to be able to pull off crosses from tight situations. Only downside is that he couldn't really make all his dominance count more.

Gross - 7 - went about his job okay, seemed to blend into th background a lot though from my position in the North Stand. Didn't see enough of him to make an accurate rating really, maybe MOTD highlights will reveal more.

Hemed - 8 - I've never understood the citisim of Tomer and am glad he seems that be winning more fans over after yesterday's performance. Was often completely isolated up top but his strength and hold up play is too draw, granted he doesn't have much to his game but he does what he does well. Worked very hard and was completely ****ed by 70mins, no idea why Murray wasn't on bench we needed him after Hemeds heroics.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some interesting and strange ratings on here. First time I've been to the Amex this season and atmosphere was up there with some of the best.

I generally agree Kocky was 'trying to hard', I think he just needs to change his decision making, he can't take it round 5 players and score in this league, but simply running at a defence can cause havoc and open up space, that happens yesterday but once this pockets opened up he didn't make the pass/the right pass IMO. Hopefully he can adjust his game because there's still a great player there, and his workrate is always 100%.

Ryan - 7.5 - made a load of saves, most were right at him so he looked better than normal, but he make 3-4 absolutely crucial saves that meant we walked away with all 3 points.

Bruno - 6 - I don't understand all the high ratings on here. On so many occasions he was too keen to get forward and got caught out a number of times, paticularly in the first half. You could see Newcastle had dissed him and were targeting this side of our defence. Dunk, Duffy and Stephens had to cover him on multiple occasions distorting our defensive shape. Eventually Hughton clearly gave orders for Knocky to cover him more to match their wings pace. He had a better 2nd half, but I fear teams will see him as our weakest link now.

Duffy - 8 - faultless and really plays with his heart on his sleeve. He's just a brick wall, let's nothing get past him, good positional sense, marking and wins everything in the air.

Dunk - 7 - great defensively but passing was wayward today and in the first half he fluffed his lines on a few occasions, almost leading to a goal. Great player but always look like he had a mistake in him.

Suttner - 7 - solid reliable performance. I don't think Newcastle got past him once. Only tiny critisism is that he didn't offer much going forward.

Propper - 7 - Reassuring display, reads the game incredibly well, covering defensively when we were left short. Went about his day with minimum fuss, seems to look a lot more comfortable, just hope he can impose himself more as season goes on because there's clearly a great player under the hood.

Stephens - 8.5 - great to watch yesterday, beautiful first touch, outstanding quick passing and glorious range of passing. He released March a number of times. Has great awareness and vision of team mates, ball would come to him and he'd pass it instantly, kept us moving and was box-to-box looking very comfortable.

Knockheart - 7 - was a thorn in the side of Newcastle with his enthusiasm and work rate but he couldn't make it count. Often delaying the pass too long or hesitating to shoot, either way making the wrong decision when it counter. He Skye's one in the first half and that seemed to completely dent his confidence shooting for the rest of the game.

March - 9 - was outstanding, I often see him as a simple pacey winger but he's got so much to his game and is now a very well rounded. Newcastle couldn't deal with him, his control and trickery was top notch and seems to be able to pull off crosses from tight situations. Only downside is that he couldn't really make all his dominance count more.

Gross - 7 - went about his job okay, seemed to blend into th background a lot though from my position in the North Stand. Didn't see enough of him to make an accurate rating really, maybe MOTD highlights will reveal more.

Hemed - 8 - I've never understood the citisim of Tomer and am glad he seems that be winning more fans over after yesterday's performance. Was often completely isolated up top but his strength and hold up play is too draw, granted he doesn't have much to his game but he does what he does well. Worked very hard and was completely ****ed by 70mins, no idea why Murray wasn't on bench we needed him after Hemeds heroics.

Injured.......

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan - 8 - Some good stops and getting more confident by the week

Bruno - 7.5- Improved as the game ent on. Atsu caught him out a couple of times in the first half but used all his experience to keep us holding on for the win
Dunk - 8.5 - An utter rock.
Duffy - 8.5 - And utter rock.
Suttner - 7.5 - Quietly efficient

Knockaert - 5 - Seems desperate to prove himself but seems to be making the wrong decisions more often than last season. Also needs to stop wasting his energy and be a bit more efficient. He was blowing by about 60 mins again today. He just needs to calm down a bit and when a goal comes, so will his form.
Stephens - 7 - A couple of suicide passes aside,grew into the game really well
Propper - 7.5 - Looked much more assured. Showed a great range of passing too
March - 8.5 - Looks every bit the premier league winger. Tricky, pacy, skilful. He's undroppable at the moment (sadly for Izquierdo!)

Gross - 8 - He was everywhere again today. Covers so much ground but is always in the right place. Looks to have found his feet now.
Hemed - 8.5 - Ran his socks off, right place for the goal and a real handful all match. Sadly, having seen replays of his stamp, I fear he'll be lost for 3 games now.

Sub:
Murphy - 7 - Steadied the ship when he came on.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Ryan 8 - Very good save first half, and looked generally comfortable and untroubled throughout.
Bruno 8 - He was left a little exposed by Knocky at times, no fault of his own though. Very assured performance and his experience will count for so much this season.
Duffy 8.5 - Thought he was brilliant, can't really remember him putting a foot wrong?
Dunk 7 - A fantastic block in the second half, and generally very good. His distribution and passing let him down today though and he could have cost us a goal.
Suttner 8 - Very solid performance. Does the simple things very well and like others have said, can't really remember a Newcastle winger getting the better of him?
Knockaert 6 - It wasn't really his day. He's trying hard but I find his decision making at times is a little off and he isn't as sharp as he can be. He was a little lapse in his defensive duties at times too, particularly first half.
Stephens 7.5 - Apart from a couple of lapse passes here and there, he played well. Dependable, puts himself about and adds composure to the midfield. I actually think he is one of the most important players in our team. Without him, we would look a completely different side.
Propper 8 - This lad is going to be a massive player for us. Played very well for me, composed, positive forward thinking passing, and is adding some grit to his game that's much needed in the middle.
March 8.5 - One of our better players I thought. Not as devastating as he can be going forward, but still posed our biggest threat and caused them problems. His defensive play this season has been unbelievable.
Gross 7 - Didn't really have as much of an influence on the game as he has done recently, but still put in a decent shift. It was his delivery for the goal, his set piece delivery generally is very good.
Hemed 8.5 - One of the best games I've seen him play for us. Got his goal, looked to cause Newcastle problems with his movement at times, great defensively and held the ball up very well. More of the same please Tomer!

Murphy - Not enough time to judge.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 8

Bruno 7
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Suttner 7

Knockaert 6
Stephens 7
Propper 8
March 9

Gross 7

Hemed 8

Murphy 7

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Marks from a popular newspaper:
Hemed 8
Knocky 6
Everybody else 7

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Contrast Bruno with Suttner and then you will see why Bruno gets higher ratings. His work with AK is great, they interchange and cover each other and AK is always looking for Bruno to overlap. This only leaves us exposed if no one drops back to cover. Bruno delivered one of the best crosses which March nearly converted. We apply a lot of pressure from that side of the pitch. Don't get me wrong, no issues with Suttner as a defender but he plays too deep and March does an awful lot of his work.Maybe this partnership will develop overtime.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan 7 (few too many kicks into touch for my liking)
Bruno 7 (caught a few times, but a solid performance)
Duffy 8 (solid, didn't seem to put a foot wrong)
Dunk 7 (couple of mistakes, but also some unbelievable blocks)
Suttner 8 (superb in support of March)
Knockeart 6 (effective, but not as influencial as he can be, faded)
Stephens 7 (recovered from a bad misplaced pass first half)
Propper 7 (getting better with every game)
March 8 (he and Suttner are turning the left into our strongest attacking threat)
Gross 7 (not as influential as previous game, but his movement is very good)
Hemed 9 (complete centre forward performance, his best in an Albion shirt. If he's got more like that he'll get well into double figures)

Murphy 7 (solid when he came, exactly what he was asked to do)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Contrast Bruno with Suttner and then you will see why Bruno gets higher ratings. His work with AK is great, they interchange and cover each other and AK is always looking for Bruno to overlap. This only leaves us exposed if no one drops back to cover. Bruno delivered one of the best crosses which March nearly converted. We apply a lot of pressure from that side of the pitch. Don't get me wrong, no issues with Suttner as a defender but he plays too deep and March does an awful lot of his work.Maybe this partnership will develop overtime.

Football has to make you laugh, totally respect your opinion, but I think Suttner's support of March is one of the reasons March is doing so well! We look solid down the left, and it's our most attacking threat. I think they already have a great understanding, March rarely needs to cover Suttner, and Suttner was always available to March for an out ball. Thought the two of them were both 8s yesterday, Suttner was great, and involved in most of our attacking first half, the majority of dangerous balls or threats coming from that side.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting perspecive... where do you sit? I am in WSU, middle of the ground reasonably low down. It would be interesting to watch teh game again and see if either opinion changed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here