Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Newcastle (H)

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Ryan. 7.5. I have been critical of him to date. A very strong performance today. I may have been wrong about him
Bruno. 8. He's back. We win. Legend
Duffy 8. Won every header (as always). Return to top form.
Dunk 7.5 he belongs at this level. Going to have to stay up to keep him.
Sutter. 7.5. First time I've noticed him tbh. Thought he was excellent today
Knockert. 6.5. Foul of the season. Contender in the first half. Glimpses of magic no end product unfortunately
Proper. 7.5. Settling in now. I like this fella. Getting better every game
Stephens. 7. A couple of wayward passes in the first half. But another impressive performance
Solly. 8. The boy has grown up. Another strong game all over the park
Gross. 7 decent. Great save from knocky denied him
Tomer 8. Great goal. Strong performance. Not good enough? Good job he doesn't think so.

Murphy. N/A. Why? I like him. But there's 13.5 m worth of winger on the bench next to him. Surely he needs to come on? Or have we bought a pup?

CH trusts Murphy defensively. Simple as that.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ryan 7

Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6 a couple of poor passes which could have been punished more
Suttner 7

Knockaert 6 poor defensively
Stephens 7
Propper 8
March 8

Gross 8
Hemed 8

Murphy n/a

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
No stand-out performer for me really, great team performance all round.

Ryan 7.5 - solid, made some great saves

Bruno 8 - majestic as usual,some great forward play

Duffy 8 - solid in the air

Dunk 8 - see above. Long passing not going so well today and one extremely dodgy pass that he got away with. Looks very comfortable at this level in general though

Suttner 7 - looked good

Knockaert 7.5 - terrorised the Newcastle defence at times, but looked indecisive in playing the final ball

Stephens 7 - played well

Propper 7.5 - looking more and more established. Some good defensive moments today

March 8.5 - wonderful, particularly in the first half. Showed some great pace and skill.

Gross 7.5 - he gets everywhere. Great delivery for the goal.

Hemed 8.5 - MOTM. Well-taken goal, immense hold-up play and some great layoffs that on another day would've ended up with a goal

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am loving how well we are doing and this has all been without a fit and firing knockaert. Glimpses he is getting there.

I was impressed with Propper today. Dunk got lucky a couple of times but was good again. Solly is fantastic. Hemed put in a shift so it would have been nice to have someone else to put on last 15. Groß is possibly the fittest (in the can keep running sense) of any player I have seen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - 8. Great display
Bruno - 8.5. Utterly composed. Fantastic.
Dunk - 8. Slight dip from his usual fabulousness but still excellent
Duffy - 8.5. Immense.
Suttner - 7.5. Improved
Stephens - 8.5. Great game, passing radar was top notch today
Propper - 8. Really settling in
Knockaert - 6.5. Frustrating, trying too hard.
March - 8.5. Outstanding in attack and defence.
Gross - 8. He covers soooo much ground. An absolute bargain buy
Hemed - 9. Outstanding and MOTM for me. Effort, first touch, hold-up play, headers won, goal scored.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Anyone who thought AK had a poor game obviously can't appreciate his 1st touch. How many awkward balls did he manage to control whilst in full stretch? He's touch and guile were a league above everyone else on the pitch. AK seems to be improving game by game.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Interesting ratings. I thought Gross was easily our best player today, and Propper had his best game for us yet.

Ryan - 8.
Bruno - 6.5
Dunk - 6.5
Duffy - 7
Suttner - 7
Stephens - 7.5
Propper - 8
Knockaert - 6.5
March - 7.5
Gross - 8.5
Hemed - 8

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone who thought AK had a poor game obviously can't appreciate his 1st touch. How many awkward balls did he manage to control whilst in full stretch? He's touch and guile were a league above everyone else on the pitch. AK seems to be improving game by game.

...and he's got a song that everyone knows.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Who has said he was poor? 6 is average.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I wonder if some of you were at the same match!! Dunk 6!!? He was immense! That block from Shelvey then turned on the ground and still kicked the ball away was class! He threw himself in front of everything! As for Bruno being man of the match in some eyes, you obviously didn't see him get caught out of position when foraging upfield and the space he gave their left side and the backing off when he was being ran at! I love Bruno, but there are aspects of his game that will be exploited by better teams. He needs to be much tighter to their left side wingers. Hes always dependable and always gives 100% but l don't think that was one of his better games.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Ryan 7
Suttner 7
Dunk 7
Duffy 8
Bruno 7
Stephens 8
Propper 7
Gross 8
March 9 - just about shaded the man of the match for me
Hemed 8 - fair play to him, he was superb and is proving a point in a big way
Knockaert 7

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Ryan - 7.5 - one great save, would be an 8 with better distribution

Bruno - 7 - Good going forward but exposed at times against their pacey left winger
Dunk - 8 - commanding once again, with the exception of a poor pass which could have cost us
Duffy - 7.5 - won the aerial battle
Suttner - 7 - his best game yet, looked composed on the ball

Knockaert - 7 - some typically elusive runs and ran his socks off, but looks slightly frustrated at lack of end product. Very Unlucky to see his shot blocked by his own player
Stephens - 8 - classy and composed - looks more and more comfortable at this level
Propper - 6.5 - did the simple stuff well enough
March - 7.5 - got the better of his full back - a huge player for us this season

Gross - 7 - didn't quite happen for him this time, but put a shift in
Hemed - 8 - great finish, held the ball up well, ran his socks off.....but could have had 2 or 3 with a yard more pace

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I wonder if some of you were at the same match!! Dunk 6!!? He was immense! That block from Shelvey then turned on the ground and still kicked the ball away was class! He threw himself in front of everything! As for Bruno being man of the match in some eyes, you obviously didn't see him get caught out of position when foraging upfield and the space he gave their left side and the backing off when he was being ran at! I love Bruno, but there are aspects of his game that will be exploited by better teams. He needs to be much tighter to their left side wingers. Hes always dependable and always gives 100% but l don't think that was one of his better games.

Agreed. Dunk was phenomenal today. Blocked everything. Some of those crucial blocks in the last 10 mins you could argue saved us from losing our win. Unfortunately for Dunk, he made one bad pass where he switched off for a few seconds and suddenly he had the worst performance in the team.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here