Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan at the end

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
By going in to the crowd for the second time shows the lad has got a heart, wants to be loved and do well for the club.
Probably seen all, the bedwetter negative comments on here :(

I'm so glad i've never been team bedwetter!

The save early doors was just outstanding.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Doing well so far for me

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Ryan came into the north stand at the end.

Another great performance.

I've got a horrible feeling that he's trying to make Spence look stupid

Don't worry, spence can manage on his own (sorry Spence) :cheers:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I didn't realise how good the save was until I see the highlights today. Fantastic save considering how late he saw it.

Arguably, a taller keeper might have been too slow to get that one :whistle:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not really working out, is it? How long do you give him? Can't afford for him to carry on as he is at the moment, can we? He might be a good a shot-stopper but he hardly inspires confidence, does he? Quite small for a keeper too.

I think that they will give him until after the next home game v West Brom and if still making mistakes will bring in Maenpaa and work on him on the training ground.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. He couldn't establish himself as Valencia's number one. They got rid of him to Bruges (hardly a football giant). If he wasn't good enough for the Spanish League why would we think he would be for the Premier League?

And we are doomed. Flee, save yourselves. You can't do anymore good back there. It's the END. Sadly it was always going to be like this. Goodbye. Adios. Ciao. Kaput.

Absolutely joke of a signing. I've said this from day one. Keepers need to be well over 6 foot. What were the recruitment team thinking ?
This will go down as one of the biggest f.u.c.k. ups in our history due to it being our record signing at the time. The sooner he is dropped the better.

A waste of 5m. Goalkeepers need to be a big unit. End of.

Pretty much agree with all this apart from Ryan. He is a flop and there's no point glossing it over Jonathan.

Having watched him twice I must say I'm unconvinced.
I'd like to see Maenpaa given a chance personally.

Not only not good enough to start for Valencia but they didn't want him on the bench either. Is that Premier League ready? A strange record signing.

Prediction: some posters on here will be calling Maty Ryan the best gk in the PL by the end of March 2018.

How is everyone else feeling about Maty Ryan now?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How is everyone else feeling about Maty Ryan now?
Jury's still out. He's had a few decent games but his distribution on Saturday was abysmal. He kicked the ball out of play 4 times. Doesn't seem many people have picked up on that on NSC.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Jury's still out. He's had a few decent games but his distribution on Saturday was abysmal. He kicked the ball out of play 4 times. Doesn't seem many people have picked up on that on NSC.

Because there was clearly a plan to target Newcastle's dodgy full-backs. And, strangely enough, kicking to a bloke 60 yards away stood right on the touchline has a much smaller margin for error than belting it down the middle to a striker who can move to get underneath it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Because there was clearly a plan to target Newcastle's dodgy full-backs. And, strangely enough, kicking to a bloke 60 yards away stood right on the touchline has a much smaller margin for error than belting it down the middle to a striker who can move to get underneath it.

This.

He actually gets the ball back into play very quickly, when he catches it.

He did put a few out of play, but if you're aiming at the flanks that is the risk.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex

This. It's actually a sign of how accurate his distribution is that he was tasked to do something more than kick it down the middle. He is definitely more reliable than Stockdale - happy he is here

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This.

He actually gets the ball back into play very quickly, when he catches it.

He did put a few out of play, but if you're aiming at the flanks that is the risk.
It seemed to be a tactical thing then. But I'm not sure about dodgy fullbacks, I thought number 22 marking Solly was excellent.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

From memory, it was only twice. And that was out of at least ten goal kicks, all of which were aimed towards the touchline some sixty yards away. He's renowned for his distribution, and that's been pretty obvious from his first games for us (think of the throw to March in the first half: accurate and rapid, setting up a counterattack). Looks a good signing to me, and young for a keeper too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here