Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jaimie Murphy had never been sent off and had a good record. He blatantly slipped and that never got overturned. These are the sort of idiots we are dealing with. Saying that Hemed probably deserves his ban.

The only decision we've had overturned was Calde's red, when the Newport player broke his leg.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surely being certain can only ever be 100%? It's like having a 'general consensus'. It's a consensus or it isn't.

Agree with the first bit, but not the second. Consensus means 'general or widespread agreement' according to Collins, so what you're talking about there -- I think, at least -- is a tautology. 100% agreement -- which I think you're referring to -- is unanimity, which is different to consensus, which is far vaguer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really don't understand the 'nothing to lose' comments. If we lose 6-0 on Sunday, our goal difference will be a lot worst and confidence will take a hit. In terms of points, you are right but not overall

Nor me.

Arsenal are not a results MACHINE, like Man City, or Chelsea. They have the occasional off-day, and they've dropped plenty of points at the Emirates to worse sides than us.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Barber doesn't .

He's been defending the lack of striker fairly recently again

Barber is quickly becoming an annoyance to me, never really thought anything of him prior to this but the way he continues to run his mouth defending a total FAILURE by the club is grinding my gears. Accept you totally screwed up, and if we do go down accept this is the clubs fault and do better next time if there is one (not convinced there would be FWIW, the Championship is going to be an 18 team lottery going forward).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We're contesting charge, sky sports news

I'm struggling with this decision. The only defence we can offer is that the player didn't mean it / it was purely accidental / he was looking away - all things the panel of referees would have already considered when reaching their verdicts. If they've already decided that he is guilty once, they are not going to look at it again and come to a different conclusion.

The only reason I can think to appeal, is a PR / HR aspect - to be seen to publically back the player. If he is adamant he did nothing wrong and the club don't stand by him, it might not help in the long run.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They did yesterday, yes.

Really? Neither the BBC or the Argus are reporting this is the case. He has been 'charged' and has to present his version of events. It's like being charged with a criminal offence and the defendant appearing in court. They will then make a decision. If they decide he should be banned, the club will have the right to appeal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm struggling with this decision. The only defence we can offer is that the player didn't mean it / it was purely accidental / he was looking away - all things the panel of referees would have already considered when reaching their verdicts. If they've already decided that he is guilty once, they are not going to look at it again and come to a different conclusion.

The only reason I can think to appeal, is a PR / HR aspect - to be seen to publically back the player. If he is adamant he did nothing wrong and the club don't stand by him, it might not help in the long run.

Quite.

Is it the same panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Barber is quickly becoming an annoyance to me, never really thought anything of him prior to this but the way he continues to run his mouth defending a total FAILURE by the club is grinding my gears. Accept you totally screwed up, and if we do go down accept this is the clubs fault and do better next time if there is one (not convinced there would be FWIW, the Championship is going to be an 18 team lottery going forward).

Yes but also we're bloody lucky to have him, the way this club is being run now compared to Stanley and Lloyd, Archer and Belotti, .. even, and I apologise profusely for listing them in the same sentence, Knight and Perry at Withdean - Barber and Bloom have transformed us.

So whilst I instinctively dislike some of his corporate speak, and his unwillingness to deal with fans individually but as a block (despite replying to every email he gets), I also accept we are bloody lucky to have him and he is probably more right than we are on many issues. He takes very criticism of the club on himself, a true martyr for the cause. The fault for the lack of a striker can almost certainly be shared with Winstanley and Hughton and Bloom not to mention the targets themselves, the agents, their clubs, other clubs, other players, but he takes the lot on his chin. I don't want to lose PB and I hope he knows he's appreciated widely.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really? Neither the BBC or the Argus are reporting this is the case. He has been 'charged' and has to present his version of events. It's like being charged with a criminal offence and the defendant appearing in court. They will then make a decision. If they decide he should be banned, the club will have the right to appeal.

As I posted on this very thread last night, from the club. I'll repeat it again now.

"The FA’s 3 person panel has already reached a unanimous verdict based on reviewing video evidence, as the referee will have confirmed he and his officials didn’t see it at the time of the incident, hence the charge today.

We now have to decide whether to accept the charge as it has been set out - and a 3 game ban for Hemed - or appeal the charge which allows us to present mitigation but also risks a further match being added if the appeal is considered to be frivolous.

The decision whether to appeal an FA charge in situations like this is one that Chris Hughton and Paul Barber take together. "

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I really don't understand the 'nothing to lose' comments. If we lose 6-0 on Sunday, our goal difference will be a lot worst and confidence will take a hit. In terms of points, you are right but not overall
A young forward is unlikely to affect our goals against column.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the likely event we won't have Hemed for Sunday and Murray remains an injury doubt I'd put Gross up front and have March, Knockaert and Izquierdo / Izzy Brown (if he's fit) as part of a fluid three behind him. Worth a punt and the pace would be good to see.

Gross doesn't have enough pace, Brown or March for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes but also we're bloody lucky to have him, the way this club is being run now compared to Stanley and Lloyd, Archer and Belotti, .. even, and I apologise profusely for listing them in the same sentence, Knight and Perry at Withdean - Barber and Bloom have transformed us.

So whilst I instinctively dislike some of his corporate speak, and his unwillingness to deal with fans individually but as a block (despite replying to every email he gets), I also accept we are bloody lucky to have him and he is probably more right than we are on many issues. He takes very criticism of the club on himself, a true martyr for the cause. The fault for the lack of a striker can almost certainly be shared with Winstanley and Hughton and Bloom not to mention the targets themselves, the agents, their clubs, other clubs, other players, but he takes the lot on his chin. I don't want to lose PB and I hope he knows he's appreciated widely.

I agree with everything you just said. His total denial of the club being at fault or failing this window at least publicly however is annoying, that's all.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Nor me.

Arsenal are not a results MACHINE, like Man City, or Chelsea. They have the occasional off-day, and they've dropped plenty of points at the Emirates to worse sides than us.
You wouldn't.... even if you did.... but an unfit Murray is no choice at all... so we have nothing to lose by playing a young nippy striker who can at least keep their defence on their toes....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I agree with everything you just said. His total denial of the club being at fault or failing this window at least publicly however is annoying, that's all.

Oh no, he absolutely accepted we had failed on the Albion Roar last week, he has just defended the process - which by extension, means defending all of his staff like a good manager does. I'm also certain that he wants to move on. I don't think a mea culpa helps anybody right now.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As I posted on this very thread last night, from the club. I'll repeat it again now.

"The FA’s 3 person panel has already reached a unanimous verdict based on reviewing video evidence, as the referee will have confirmed he and his officials didn’t see it at the time of the incident, hence the charge today.

We now have to decide whether to accept the charge as it has been set out - and a 3 game ban for Hemed - or appeal the charge which allows us to present mitigation but also risks a further match being added if the appeal is considered to be frivolous.

The decision whether to appeal an FA charge in situations like this is one that Chris Hughton and Paul Barber take together. "
Unless video evidence suggests the ref or lino must have seen it originally... maybe not ref, but certainly lino.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here