Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you're reading it wrong. The FA statement says:

"Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees.

"Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.

"For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous."

He has been charged. So surely the review has taken place and a unanimous "guilty" decision reached.

Ok thanks. He's fu**ed then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gonna be a certain 3 game ban, a timely reminder to all that everything is analysed under the microscope in the Premier League!

Also that a fair few people on here need to get the prescription of their blue and white striped glasses checked out, I'm afraid.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Oh FFS, how can three people come to a unanimous decision based on the 'evidence' available, it's not clear cut that it is either deliberate or not.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That's only my interpretation, but I don't see how he can be charged with violent misconduct unless the review had already happened.

So why has the punishment not been dished out then, or is that done by another panel of Blazers later on.
If he has been charged then the ban should be announced straight away.
I read it as there is a case to answer for so the 3 refs will look at it.
You can be charged with murder but if the court finds you not guilty then you walk away a free man.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also that a fair few people on here need to get the prescription of their blue and white striped glasses checked out, I'm afraid.

It was a 'step' more than a proper 'stamp', but it was deliberate. Whether it was a red card offence I don't know, but for it to carry the same punishment as the Britos 'tackle' is laughable.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That's only my interpretation, but I don't see how he can be charged with violent misconduct unless the review had already happened.

Naylor implying that decision hasn't been made yet: Brighton and Hove Albion striker Tomer Hemed facing trial by three-man former refs panel over incident with Newcastle United's DeAndre Yedlin

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think you're reading it wrong. The FA statement says:

"Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees.

"Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.

"For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous."

He has been charged. So surely the review has taken place and a unanimous "guilty" decision reached.

Something which ought to be challenged in law, as this is finding someone guilty BEFORE charging them. Even sport can't rise above the law in matters of issues restriction of working practices.

I'll let go of those straws now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So why has the punishment not been dished out then, or is that done by another panel of Blazers later on.

Because he has until tomorrow to respond, presumably to try and present something mitigating.

Again: all my interpretation, however.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

So if the independent panel voted and he was charged why not the sentence announced at the same time? Everyone knows it is an auto 3 game ban, why delay?

Just seen your response above. Confusing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Even the FA isn't cruel enough to not let this go through without him having the opportunity to defend himself or make a statement. Which he has until 6pm tomorrow to do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Something which ought to be challenged in law, as this is finding someone guilty BEFORE charging them. Even sport can't rise above the law in matters of issues restriction of working practices.

I'll let go of those straws now.

Not sure what you're saying. My view of the sequencing is this...

1. Panel reviewed footage.
2. FA found all panel members agreed on 'guilt'.
3. Charge issued.

To follow.

4. Hemed has chance to respond.
5. Ban issued / not issued depending on response. (I can't see how a ban won't be issued in this case)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He can be charged. But he hasn't been banned already, as The Sun stated in the headline. The charge triggers the hearing, at which Hemed could either plead guilty, or throw the kitchen sink at defending himself, which I am sure and trust the club will do. There are plenty of opportunities to raise doubt about the intent aspect with the panel. And if after that he still gets done, we did everything we could.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So if the independent panel voted and he was charged why not the sentence announced at the same time? Everyone knows it is an auto 3 game ban, why delay?

Just seen your response above. Confusing.

There is no delay. As you say, there's no need to announce the "sentence" because violent conduct is a three game ban.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not sure if this has been posted already, interesting discussion on this here:

Panel divided 2/2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here