Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You wouldn't.... even if you did.... but an unfit Murray is no choice at all... so we have nothing to lose by playing a young nippy striker who can at least keep their defence on their toes....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If Tomer does get suspended then you could well see Jamie Murphy play as the striker against Arsenal because we aint gonna have a lot of the ball at the Emirates and Jamie just keeps running and running. He may not do that in the home match following the Arsenal game but up at Arsenal, I have no doubts that it will be about going there and trying to get a 0 - 0.

The next game you could quite possibly see a youngster make the squad if Tomer gets banned and if Murray isn't fit, although I don't know what youngsters might be close to making the first team squad at the moment

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Iziquerdo for me upfront
Obviously Arsenal will realise we have no target man if he gets a ban so they may adapt there centre backs to cope against pace and not the height of a target man
They looked very suss last night in the first half against a quick man upfront

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unless video evidence suggests the ref or lino must have seen it originally... maybe not ref, but certainly lino.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm afraid this is from the Sun - but the linesman's nowhere near. The ref is looking in the right direction, but the leg is obscured from his view. But, interestingly, Benitez doesn't seem to get agitated one little bit, merely claiming the throw in. And it was right in front of him.

I notice the commentator first says that 'he actually slips'.

I was watching it on one of the things we're not allowed to mention on NSC - and it wasn't Sky commentary I don't think, because it was only after the game I knew anything about it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/football/brightons-tomer-hemed-stamps-on-newcastles-deandre-yedlin/

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Agree with the first bit, but not the second. Consensus means 'general or widespread agreement' according to Collins, so what you're talking about there -- I think, at least -- is a tautology. 100% agreement -- which I think you're referring to -- is unanimity, which is different to consensus, which is far vaguer.

It is tautological, you're right.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A human instinct, if landing on another human by accident, is to atleast turn your head or raise an apologetic hand. You don't have to stop playing at all.

I'm not talking about Tomer going to the players aide and comforting him whilst the game is going on.

But just jogging on and whistling as if nothing happened is just odd and frankly (in my opinion) proves it as completely deliberate or, at VERY best, pleased to have accidently done it.

Sorry but it really isn't at a higher level, you focus on the ball all the time it's in play.

You may do/would do in Sunday morning as you quoted earlier, in the same way as you brush somebody in the street.

When the ball is dead you might/should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry but it really isn't at a higher level, you focus on the ball all the time it's in play.

You may do/would do in Sunday morning as you quoted earlier, in the same way as you brush somebody in the street.

When the ball is dead you might/should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

On a separate note wasn't it today the latest they could lodge an appeal?

Edit..sorry just seen the Argus bit to contest...good to see them actually state 'trod'

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Appeal=Brave or stupid?

I see the club have appealed.

I'm surprised - I thought with Murray fit after the International break, and Arsenal being a 'free game' we would have accepted the decision, and gone with Brown up front.

Or maybe Murray is out for much longer?

The club must be confident the ban won't be increased.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I'm surprised - I thought with Murray fit after the International break, and Arsenal being a 'free game' we would have accepted the decision, and gone with Brown up front.

Do we know when the appeal result is announced?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

We appealed Murphy, Murray and Stephens which were turned down, but not increased.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Have we been successful in any appeal since getting Caldes ban overturned after his red card against Newport?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Can the ban be increased in this situation? It is different to him actually having been sent off and us appealing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here