Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When will this be reviewed/decided ?? Is it today ?

Just hearing Mourinho has avoided action for pitch encroachment at the weekend, so assuming FA are meeting today on the disciplinary stuff.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its not the FA that decide on a ban though, its a panel of three former referees and all have to agree. Considering that both Graham Poll and Dermot Gallagher have said they're not sure about it, there has to be a decent chance he won't get the ban.

I think he meant it personally. We'd be screaming blue murder if Shelvey had done the same

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Imagine if we were bleating on about an incident like this after getting turned over the way their fans are. You can guarantee it'd be 'rah rah Southern softies' etc. Sour bellends.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its not the FA that decide on a ban though, its a panel of three former referees and all have to agree. Considering that both Graham Poll and Dermot Gallagher have said they're not sure about it, there has to be a decent chance he won't get the ban.

The panel is Kelvin Morton, Ron Challis and Phil Prosser.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I was unsure on this, but look where Yedlin's leg is just as Hemed starts to lift his foot.

The total movement Hemed makes with his leg would totally clear Yedlin's leg, if Yedlin had stayed put.

Also Hemed is looking away from Yedlin's body, and so he would not see Yedlin's movement.

Not guilty!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The speed at which this is all happening means that there is no way that Hemed intended to stamp on the other player. He's putting his foot down into a space in which the opposition player is moving his leg into. If you watch the clip, you'll see the Newcastle player moving his leg as Hemed is placing his foot on the ground. The leg is not still on the ground. That is accidental.

Hemed is supposed to be deliberately stamping on a moving leg? I don't think so.

If anything, as Hemed goes to put his foot down, he thinks he is putting it into an empty space.

I agree, but we know what happened to Dale Stephens, even though that happened during the match.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think Hemed stamped on him intentionally.

I do think he pushed his foot down with more force than was required with a "if I get him so be it" attitude.

Unfortunately for him, he did get him. I hope he doesn't pay for it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Making

an absolute joke of a decision if the same penalty was handed down to Tomer.

Exactly!

I'm gobsmacked that Britos got nothing more than the standard 3 match ban for that. It was pretty much assault rather than a 'tackle'. Not surprising that more than one pundit with years of experience, our Warren included, claimed it was one of the worst tackles they'd ever seen. A 3 match ban is an absolute disgrace of a decision!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Liam Cooper got a 6 game ban and that was a stamp with intent. Nothing like Hemed who trod not stamped

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Shame it was the only Premier League game being played, if there were 3 or 4 going on it wouldn't have received anything like this amount of attention and I repeat, Richard Keys is a knob.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To me it looks like he had to step over him or fall over him, and that it was accidental.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm really not sure. I don't think Hemed is like that but it does look like it could be deliberate. I think if it was a player against us I would be more on the side that it is deliberate and he should be banned. I really hope he isn't!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Every ref, manager etc have all said it didn't look deliberate, I'd be surprised if a 3 man panel can come to a unanimous decision against him if all those who have reffed the game can't. Even Rafa shrugged it off and he was having a right meltdown about the goal. I think we have a right to feel pissed off if he gets a ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here