Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A touch controversial. As one who is no fan of Hemed . I acknowledge to my very pleasant surprise he gave a 9/10 second half performance I consider whilst he also has his limitations Murray is the better player. Just hope he is fit.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Whatever the outcome I'm glad the club have decided to back Hemed , the odds suggest this will end bad for us but Hemed will appreciate the solidarity even at the risk the ban is extended , I honestly don't know and still can't tell if he meant it after watching it over and over , only he knows that .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At the risk of tempting fate, when was the last time an appeal saw an increase? It seems everyone makes a big deal about how 'if you appeal, the punishment could be increased for being frivolous' but I don't recall it happening that often.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hemed has been fantastic this season. I like him. But one game where I don't think we need him is Arsenal away. We aren't going to be able to hold the ball upfront and build attacks off the main striker in a game like this. If we're going to hurt Arsenal it will be quick breaks that expose the space in behind their attacking full backs and isolate their mediocre central defenders.

He'll be a big miss at home to Everton though.
Does CH usually change the team depending on the opposition, though?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Hemed has been fantastic this season. I like him. But one game where I don't think we need him is Arsenal away. We aren't going to be able to hold the ball upfront and build attacks off the main striker in a game like this. If we're going to hurt Arsenal it will be quick breaks that expose the space in behind their attacking full backs and isolate their mediocre central defenders.

He'll be a big miss at home to Everton though.

I’ve been thinking the same, a forced change could work in our favour on Sunday because I think we would be more of a threat with a bit more pace up top against Koscielny & Mustafi. Izzy Brown could do that job getting them turning into the channels whereas I feel that Hemed’s style would play into their hands. Koscielny & Mustafi are quality defenders but can be exposed if you can get them turning towards their own goal. Arsenal are also playing 3 at the back with Montreal being the other defender which could allow us to hit the diagonal balls to the corners for Knocky & March to exploit those gaps in behind their wing backs.
I fancy a 1-0 win for the Albion !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve been thinking the same, a forced change could work in our favour on Sunday because I think we would be more of a threat with a bit more pace up top against Koscielny & Mustafi. Izzy Brown could do that job getting them turning into the channels whereas I feel that Hemed’s style would play into their hands. Koscielny & Mustafi are quality defenders but can be exposed if you can get them turning towards their own goal. Arsenal are also playing 3 at the back with Montreal being the other defender which could allow us to hit the diagonal balls to the corners for Knocky & March to exploit those gaps in behind their wing backs.
I fancy a 1-0 win for the Albion !
We might have a bit of trouble getting round their defence if they park Montreal in front of the goal.................

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
At the risk of tempting fate, when was the last time an appeal saw an increase? It seems everyone makes a big deal about how 'if you appeal, the punishment could be increased for being frivolous' but I don't recall it happening that often.

Is this actually an appeal though? No punishment has yet been handed out. I reckon we're free to contest the decision without being at risk of the ban lengthened

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We might have a bit of trouble getting round their defence if they park Montreal in front of the goal.................

What ! The whole Canadian city ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is this actually an appeal though? No punishment has yet been handed out. I reckon we're free to contest the decision without being at risk of the ban lengthened

That's not what Paul Barber told me last night:

"We now have to decide whether to accept the charge as it has been set out - and a 3 game ban for Hemed - or appeal the charge which allows us to present mitigation but also risks a further match being added if the appeal is considered to be frivolous."

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's not what Paul Barber told me last night:

"We now have to decide whether to accept the charge as it has been set out - and a 3 game ban for Hemed - or appeal the charge which allows us to present mitigation but also risks a further match being added if the appeal is considered to be frivolous."

Fair enough, he would know :)

Surely the FA couldn't give a longer ban to Hemed than they have to either Shelvey or Britos, just because we've appealed. Would look so petty and would be tantamount to saying that no-one is allowed to appeal ever.

But this is of course the FA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here