Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know you right he will almost 100% get done for it..... hopefully get the ban reduced though...

Barton for example got away with his on Kayal which was way worse....

Difference being i guess in the Premier League and on the TV...

The ban won't be reduced - there's no scope for that. It's violent conduct which comes with 3 games, or it's not.

Barton/Kayal - also covered on this thread, but it was a different scenario.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The ban won't be reduced - there's no scope for that. It's violent conduct which comes with 3 games, or it's not.

Barton/Kayal - also covered on this thread, but it was a different scenario.

bummer. so nothing for a previous good record... ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hang on.

So in what situation would you do what Tomer did, and just jog away? Don't tell me, if you landed on someones leg (and there is NO WAY you can't say you didn't realise..it's a leg) would you just jog away?
I get it now.....two players collide, get tangled up going for the ball, fall over each other and scramble to their feet. No foul, but the ref blows the whistle so that play can stop to give them time to stop, apologise to each other, check the other one's OK, shake hands and then restart play................oh.............

.....or do they, even in these modern days of sanitised football, and in the PL, still play to the whistle?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
bummer. so nothing for a previous good record... ?

Jaimie Murphy had never been sent off and had a good record. He blatantly slipped and that never got overturned. These are the sort of idiots we are dealing with. Saying that Hemed probably deserves his ban.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hang on.

So in what situation would you do what Tomer did, and just jog away? Don't tell me, if you landed on someones leg (and there is NO WAY you can't say you didn't realise..it's a leg) would you just jog away?

You would if the ball was in play.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he wasn't banned accident or not, but there is no way you should stop whilst play is active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There has been a veritable media witchhunt and that never goes unnoticed at the FA. The more oxygen an incident gets, the more likely they are to show no leniency. Accept that he is out for three games and that we now have no fit striker in the PL. We all knew that this would come back to bite us and up until now we have been walking a tightrope.
We have now fallen off.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If hemed does get a ban, I would put Izzy or izquierdo out on the left, and Put Solly march in the centre forward position. That lad can prove he can score goals from all over the park.
And can score inside the box from the centre as shown against Bournemouth. YEAH, let's see that again.

[video]https://streamable.com/ycxxg[/video]

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There has been a veritable media witchhunt and that never goes unnoticed at the FA. The more oxygen an incident gets, the more likely they are to show no leniency. Accept that he is out for three games and that we now have no fit striker in the PL. We all knew that this would come back to bite us and up until now we have been walking a tightrope.
We have now fallen off.

Barber doesn't .

He's been defending the lack of striker fairly recently again

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You would if the ball was in play.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he wasn't banned accident or not, but there is no way you should stop whilst play is active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A human instinct, if landing on another human by accident, is to atleast turn your head or raise an apologetic hand. You don't have to stop playing at all.

I'm not talking about Tomer going to the players aide and comforting him whilst the game is going on.

But just jogging on and whistling as if nothing happened is just odd and frankly (in my opinion) proves it as completely deliberate or, at VERY best, pleased to have accidently done it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Dermot Gallagher is hedging his bets by saying it was NOT a stamp but question whether treading on his leg was intentional. Graham Poll says it wasnt a stamp so 2 well respected ex refs have gone in Tomers favour will be interesting to see how the panel see it. IMHO it is not cut and dried either way .

I'm 100% certain that the panel will unanimously see it as violent conduct

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'm 100% certain that the panel will unanimously see it as violent conduct
Yep... once referred, it's a fait accompli, he will be out for 3.... so we get an unfit Murray and maybe Gross pushed up front.. he won't blood any youngsters, even at Arsenal when actually we have nothing to lose in reality.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep... once referred, it's a fait accompli, he will be out for 3.... so we get an unfit Murray and maybe Gross pushed up front.. he won't blood any youngsters, even at Arsenal when actually we have nothing to lose in reality.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really don't understand the 'nothing to lose' comments. If we lose 6-0 on Sunday, our goal difference will be a lot worst and confidence will take a hit. In terms of points, you are right but not overall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here