Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Back on track that's not deliberate in a million years, Hemed's off balance & gets tangled up with him. Foot comes down instinctively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sadly, I will be staggered if he get's away with it - it just looks bad.

That said, it was possibly accidental if you stand still with your feet close together you have less balance and he sort of stumbles body-weight wise, so has to put his foot somewhere, it certainly wasn't a stamp more of a tread.........

Okay I'm biased.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I apologise to both of you.
I am totally committed to the Albion and take exception when our fans pick out a few tackles and dig out our players.

100% excepted :thumbsup:

Tomer was easily MOM today. And has lead the line exceptionally so far. I just think he maybe lost his head for a second which COULD lead to a 3 game ban, that's all.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nothing in it for me at all. Far worse goes unmentioned, be amazed if anything comes of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Back on track that's not deliberate in a million years, Hemed's off balance & gets tangled up with him. Foot comes down instinctively.

I'm afraid I can't have that at all.

His feet weren't tangled up in any way. Hemed was standing with both feet very much not-tangled (as per pic). He then hurdled the player but the action with his leg looked very much a deliberate stamp to me, even with my very blue & white specs on.

As others have said, if that were the other way round, I'd be screaming for a red and/or a policeman.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 21.18.33.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll add I knew nothing of this at all until I walked into the pub in Worthing after the game and the landlord said "You'll lose Hemed for three games after the stamp then"

I had no idea what he was talking about.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

His feet weren't tangled up in any way. Hemed was standing with both feet very much not-tangled (as per pic). He then hurdled the player but the action with his leg looked very much a deliberate stamp to me, even with my very blue & white specs on.

As others have said, if that were the other way round, I'd be screaming for a red and/or a policeman.

View attachment 89672

Yes, fan bias is quite extraordinary at times.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

View attachment 89672

He's on tip toes with the guy flat out in front of him. One tiny shift in his centre of gravity and his feet have to go somewhere.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
sorry if that was a stamp then what was Barton's one last season on Kayal ? GBH ? he jumps puts his foot down as per gravity catches the guys leg and gets straight off. not like Barton jumping straight on Kayal leg that the FA said was not a foul... sod them no foul no ban

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's on tip toes with the guy flat out in front of him. One tiny shift in his centre of gravity and his feet have to go somewhere.

So not tangled then? Off balance maybe.

I just showed Mrs B who said she didn't think it was deliberate, and said "he wasn't looking at the Newcastle player".

In her favour is she's not had anything to drink, unlike me. Against her, is she's seen about 3 games of football ever.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth

I just showed Mrs B who said she didn't think it was deliberate, and said "he wasn't looking at the Newcastle player".

In her favour is she's not had anything to drink, unlike me. Against her, is she's seen about 3 games of football ever.

But but the wife is always right,, I know having been married 30yrs next month...
you only ger 8 yrs for murder :tantrum:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I've played plenty of games and you don't go up on tiptoe like that for any reason other than to avoid someone. The opportunity is there for a sly kick and Hemed doesn't take it. He then loses balance and puts his foot in a tangle of limbs before getting straight off.

As others have said contrast that with Barton on Kayal which didn't get a ban.

larus

Watch the clip and look at Hemeds head and think about where he’s looking. He’s not looking down, he’s looking at the ball and owes to step over the player (IMO). I don’t see intent - yes, he steps on him but he didn’t stamp as there’s no downward force.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No class? Bit harsh

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

You started a thread calling somebody who commited suicide a selfish w**nker. When people called you out on you acting like a c*nt you doubled down and called them an a*rsehole instead. Then when you were unbanned you came back on here and completely ignored your pathetic little tantrum and didn't even have the balls to hold your hands up and admit you'd been a bellend.

So actually, I'd say no class was being polite. I think the layman's terms for someone like you is much worse than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here