Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed - Not good enough.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Interesting post-match stats about Hemed on the BBC. He's doing a job; at home at least.

- Tomer Hemed has been involved in three goals in his last two home Premier League games (two goals, one assist).

- Hemed's last six league goals for the Seagulls have all been scored at the Amex.

- Hemed has had a hand in 20 goals in his last 23 league starts at the Amex for Brighton (15 goals, five assists).

and we've won 14 and drawn 1 of the last 15 home games he has scored in

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Good thread, ignore the first half when he was off the pace. The ball broke a couple of times but he was a yard off it, again. He'll be fine against the dross teams who don't really put in much of an effort at away games. West Brom and now Newcastle have barely broken sweat at the Amex, they couldn't have done less if they tried.

Ultimately, if he plays 90 minutes and gets presentable chances in the 6 yard box, he ought to take them. That's not about Premier League or not, that's just basic football.

I like Tomer, he's doing what he can with what he's got but he's never going to be anything more than a bottom end Premier League player at best but all the time he's our only fit striker, we need him. And he wants to play in the Premier League, so it's good for us both that he's taking the chance he's been given.

nah, I don't think you watched the first half properly. But thats OK :albion2:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What you can guarantee is that Tomer will make the absolute maximum of his ability and for that reason he gets my vote :thumbsup:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Good thread, ignore the first half when he was off the pace. The ball broke a couple of times but he was a yard off it, again. He'll be fine against the dross teams who don't really put in much of an effort at away games. West Brom and now Newcastle have barely broken sweat at the Amex, they couldn't have done less if they tried.

Ultimately, if he plays 90 minutes and gets presentable chances in the 6 yard box, he ought to take them. That's not about Premier League or not, that's just basic football.

I like Tomer, he's doing what he can with what he's got but he's never going to be anything more than a bottom end Premier League player at best but all the time he's our only fit striker, we need him. And he wants to play in the Premier League, so it's good for us both that he's taking the chance he's been given.
Strange comment - he is playing for a bottom-end Premier League team, so exactly at his level. So the same as the majority of our squad.

And if he continues to score at home against 'dross' teams like Newcastle and West Brom then that'll be enough to stay up. Exactly what we need him to do.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a little template chaps:-

I said he wasn't good enough and I wanted to drive him to Reading.
It turns out I was very wrong, I should have listened to wise sages like, Stat.
Clearly I'm a fooking idiot who doesn't have clue what's going on, so in future I will wind my neck in.

Sorry for doubting you Tomer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we want to be more than a bottom end of the Premier League team, we need more like Pascal Gross and less like Tomer. All the time he's in the stripes he's going to work hard to prove people, me included, wrong. And in the last couple of home games he's scored us a goal in each so he can keep doing what he's doing so far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Not good enough. He can't keep us up.
Let's get rid in January!
Screenshot_20170924-185749.png
:D

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
'Hemed has had a hand in 20 goals in his last 23 league starts at the Amex for Brighton (15 goals, five assists).'

Boom

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

You speak a lot of sense. I'm not his biggest fan but I think he's stepped up the last couple of games in a way I didn't think he would. His hold up play after the goal was very good and he was getting beaten to the ball much less regularly. He also did well to anticipate where the ball would land for the goal - personally, I'd still like to see his movement in and around the 6 yard box improve and match this, as I think there were a lot of opportunities today to get in front of the defender at the near post when crosses were coming in from March et al. If Hemed could be slightly smarter with his movement in this area, and potentially with his movement in behind to stretch defences, then there is a consistent Premier League player in there that could be very useful over the next year or two.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What we need is a balance of real grafters and skilful players. Tomer is the former but can score goals. Murray is neither but can score goals. I think I'll stay in the Tomer camp thanks.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In the OPTA stats he won 11 of his 16 ariel duels. I thought he was superb today, his hold up play and some of his lay offs were sublime.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Some players are a work in progress and need to be pushed to improve with Experience. Zamora is a classic example of this imo. A lot of the squad have not played at this level and come under the hubris of "Could be anything", I just prefer the attitude of How high can you go rather than how low. Just pleased for Tomer rather than surprised or any of that kind of negative slant.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was outstanding today. Impossible to hold up that well when alone. Tackled well, grew into the game and got a goal. Well done.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Glenn has done jack shit so far this season compared to hemed

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He looks better in the premier league than he did in the championship. Hasn't had a bad game all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here