Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poor old MASSIVE

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I confess, I rather like Warnock. Yes, he's a blustering old so and so, and yes, his teams are frequently dreadful to watch, but when it comes to getting the absolute best out of limited players, he's up there with the best. He's a proper football man, and a character (I do appreciate that plenty of people find the "character" side of it to be the very thing that pisses them off about him).

Think on this though: Warnock is a born & bred Blade with a lifelong loathing of Sheffield Wednesday and is never shy of telling people (he's previously used the popular local term "piggies" to describe them :lol:). If you were a Sheffield United fan, you'd love him for all eternity, for that alone, wouldn't you?

I had often wondered about the status quo which sees both United and Wednesday fans ( at times ) refer to each other as the 'Pigs' However it seems that history clarifies it by reference to the previous agricultural usage of the land around 'Hillsborough' which was previously given over to pig breeding ! So perhaps the reference to United as 'Pigs' is not as clear cut as seems to be the case.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[/B]

I had often wondered about the status quo which sees both United and Wednesday fans ( at times ) refer to each other as the 'Pigs' However it seems that history clarifies it by reference to the previous agricultural usage of the land around 'Hillsborough' which was previously given over to pig breeding ! So perhaps the reference to United as 'Pigs' is not as clear cut as seems to be the case.
Yeah it's a strange one. I think Wednesday use it in reference to the United kit and bacon. Tenuous from both sides really but it's amusing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A home draw today leaves possibly the most massive of clubs miles behind the cream, especially the low budget Blades.

IMG_2266.PNG

The natives are unhappy
https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/262731-apparently-people-from-the-club-read-this-site/

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If you want to cheer yourself up get on the Owkstalk match day thread from page 39 onwards. :lolol:

Absolute gold

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agreed. There's always a fake rivalry with other teams when they are the teams you are competing with, we've had Orient, Millwall, Saints and a fair few others where this has happened but when you the n move into different leagues it's forgotten as quickly as Nathan Elder's Albion career. This makes us sound a bit obsessed. Quite honestly, I don't care what happens to Sheff Weds. I'd be quite happy to see them in the Premier League.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Massive will come to regret getting rid of Carlos

They have about eight or nine out injured - they should have stuck with him

Not impossible that massive end up close to bottom three with a few games to go - and could well then implode

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
So gutted for Mahoosive Wednesday [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1][emoji1][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here