Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notifications from BHAFC women’s team on twitter

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Seems a majority posting on this thread are seeing it otherwise....also doesn't mean we don't take an interest and are unhappy about receiving notifications...personally i was just querying 95%

Well why don't they all go to the ladies games then? :whistle:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nor do I it's great for the community .... It's just that no one apart from the 200 or whatever watch the women's team want them clogging up Twitter. I doubt other clubs do this ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well why don't they all go to the ladies games then? :whistle:

Ask them..but to say that just because people don't go they aren't interested i'd say is wide of the mark....you've stopped going to watch the mens team but apparently you are still interested in BHA :whistle:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Do you know anyone interested in the women’s team who could name 5 players ?!

Come on now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. The club do the women's team thing purely because they think they have to be seen doing the right thing in this stupid PC world. Almost no one who supports the Albion (in my opinion) gives a monkey's about the women's team. And you're right, who could name any of the team?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The team does have support & interest and are well worth a watch.

A couple of years back we won a play-off v WBA, it was the winners of the South v North and was played at Wycombe and there was a fair crowd from both sides who watched a cracking game, which we won.

When they get the odd game at the Amex they draw a good crowd too and can play some decent stuff.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is it harsh to request the women’s team get there own twitter feed? I have notifications on for bhafc and I really don’t wanna see the women’s updates !

I would probably imagine 95% of fans feel the same way

Sorry ladies

They used to have their own Twitter account, but it got taken into the general Brighton & Hove Albion one - because they are a Brighton & Hove Albion team, in exactly the same way the men's senior team is.

The same goes for the U23 team, the Powerchair team, amputee team, walking football team and all others who have the privilege of using the Brighton & Hove Albion name. The club doesn't discriminate in the same way others evidently do on here.

FWIW - replying to another poster, it's simply not true that 'no-one' goes to women's football matches. They fact that they haven't attended any matches really does away with their right to comment on that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Agreed. The club do the women's team thing purely because they think they have to be seen doing the right thing in this stupid PC world. Almost no one who supports the Albion (in my opinion) gives a monkey's about the women's team. And you're right, who could name any of the team?

Your opinion here is worth nothing as you're basing it on your own tedious prejudices - and a lie. Your problem, no-one else's.

There's nothing 'PC' about women playing football (as if you understand the concept of whatever 'political correctness' is supposed to mean in your narrow world). There is, however, something quite morally repugnant to believe women shouldn't play football. Again - your problem.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They used to have their own Twitter account, but it got taken into the general Brighton & Hove Albion one - because they are a Brighton & Hove Albion team, in exactly the same way the men's senior team is.

The same goes for the U23 team, the Powerchair team, amputee team, walking football team and all others who have the privilege of using the Brighton & Hove Albion name. The club doesn't discriminate in the same way others evidently do on here.

FWIW - replying to another poster, it's simply not true that 'no-one' goes to women's football matches. They fact that they haven't attended any matches really does away with their right to comment on that.
Out of interest how many people watch the women's team?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Y
There is, however, something quite morally repugnant to believe women shouldn't play football. Again - your problem.

To be fair, the objection in this thread is not to women playing football (I can't imagine anyone thinks they shouldn't) it's about talking about it on the club twitter feed.

(Personally I couldn't give a toss either way)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is it harsh to request the women’s team get there own twitter feed? I have notifications on for bhafc and I really don’t wanna see the women’s updates !

I would probably imagine 95% of fans feel the same way

Sorry ladies

Not sure that only 5% agree with me (it is the 21st century right)?
But I'm delighted the club fully embraced the womens' team and gives them decent billing.

Infinitely depressed how many dinosaurs there still are unless this is a poorly planned fishing expedition.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
For those who think women or girls have little or no right to be involved in football show a complete lack of knowledge of the game. I am involved in youth football as a coach (run a boys U15 team)and the development of the women's / girls football is phenomenal. It is something that the club I am involved in is immensely proud of.

This is not about being PC or whatever belittling phrase some people chose to use. It is about loving the game and allowing as many people as possible, especially in the youth set up , participate and develop their potential.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be fair, the objection in this thread is not to women playing football (I can't imagine anyone thinks they shouldn't) it's about talking about it on the club twitter feed.

(Personally I couldn't give a toss either way)

It's a bit of both. The OP was grizzling about the Twitter feed, and I personally think they should re-instate the individual Brighton & Hove Albion teams' accounts - with the caveat that the main Twitter account still posts or re-tweets the relevant posts. Just because he doesn't care, and he's arbitrarily decided 95% don't either, is no reason to dismiss with such prejudice.

Goldstone on the other hand, hates the notion of women playing football. He really hates the idea of women playing football at the Amex (it was built for men, he once said). Decent society really ought to have a problem with - and therefore challenge - that appalling misogyny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here