Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woy

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This made me chuckle. They really are hurting right now.

Capture1.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Roy will be here till the end of the season, whatever happens .
Enjoy it while you can lads, as others have said you don't get the chance too often.
As for calling him Woy, doesn't your chairman have a problem with his "R's" ?

I do kind of agree with you regarding taking the mickey about the way he speaks but we're all hypocrites where this is concerned so I'm not sure it's even worth trying to make an issue of it. Do you ever pick any of your fellow Palace fans up if they mention either Bloom's way of speaking or the way Bloom looks? Likewise when your fellow fans' comments about Poyet's ears?

We even had another Palace fan on here who referred to him as "Woy" (before he became Palace manager).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Roy will be here till the end of the season, whatever happens .
Enjoy it while you can lads, as others have said you don't get the chance too often.
As for calling him Woy, doesn't your chairman have a problem with his "R's" ?

The thing is, we're miles and miles ahead of CPFC2010 off the pitch, and if you go down, you'll be there for some considerable time.

You need a new ground, or if not then three new stands, and if you go down, will be back to 14,000 crowds, players on silly money with long contracts.

We've now caught you up on the pitch, and you can't stand it. It's great. Unlike your complete shambles of a 7 year old club, we have a team totally united, with the fans 100% behind the players, the manager and the owner (a lifelong fan, not some overseas investor only in it for what they can get out of it.)

Agree with you about the Woy bit though, find anyone Mickey taking about anyone with a speech impediment pretty poor. We have plenty to laugh about your club, supporters, owners and manager without stooping to that.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The thing is, we're miles and miles ahead of CPFC2010 off the pitch, and if you go down, you'll be there for some considerable time.

You need a new ground, or if not then three new stands, and if you go down, will be back to 14,000 crowds, players on silly money with long contracts.

We've now caught you up on the pitch, and you can't stand it. It's great. Unlike your complete shambles of a 7 year old club, we have a team totally united, with the fans 100% behind the players, the manager and the owner (a lifelong fan, not some overseas investor only in it for what they can get out of it.)

Agree with you about the Woy bit though, find anyone Mickey taking about anyone with a speech impediment pretty poor. We have plenty to laugh about your club, supporters, owners and manager without stooping to that.

Replies likely to be:

Yeah yeah but... but you couldn't sell out Withdean in the third division and..and you are in debt up to your eyeballs to Tony Bloom for £250 million and its just plastic fans at the Amex these days not like the hard core always ultras we have. Not to mention when you went into administration when you sold the Goldstone and yet you have a go at us plus you can only dream of T-shirt cannons, light shows, a flea bitten eagle flying around the stadium, third world toilets, cladding etc etc ad nauseam. Wankers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I do kind of agree with you regarding taking the mickey about the way he speaks but we're all hypocrites where this is concerned so I'm not sure it's even worth trying to make an issue of it. Do you ever pick any of your fellow Palace fans up if they mention either Bloom's way of speaking or the way Bloom looks? Likewise when your fellow fans' comments about Poyet's ears?

We even had another Palace fan on here who referred to him as "Woy" (before he became Palace manager).

I don't even agree that he has the minor speech impediment that people ascribe to him. In fact he often rolls his Rs as a number of people do who have lived abroad and want to speak English as clearly as possible with a maximum chance of being understood. I was struck by this once when I heard him say 'zero' (referring to the number of points his team had got in a game) but once something sticks it tends to stay stuck, whether accurate or not.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Please remind me of the last time a chairman made the statement, "We're sorry we couldn't get a manager, but nobody would accept the job offer."

Not privy to any boardrooms, but sure its happened before. The Palace situation has been badly managed and the outcome is where they are now, Hodgson will not last, maybe retiring on medical grounds or something similar.

Wurzel went very quickly, as did Big Sam, something wrong under the surface. Anyone, including Palace fans thinking that Woy was the right man for the job, put your hands up. :clap: I do becaus ehe'lll take them down.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
If Palace lose their next two games, and ship 7 goals without scoring they will be:
Played 8
Lost 8
Scored 0
Conceded 20
GD -20

Effectively they will be on -1 points.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Its ok they have a plan.

They will play Bromley this week - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...manchester-united-11230841?service=responsive

Then they have target pts (i know its funny)

Target:

Home wins vs West Ham, Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton = 15 points
Home draws vs Stoke, Watford, Leicester, West Brom = 4 points
Away wins at Brighton (have to!), Swansea, Huddersfield, Watford = 12 points
Away draws at Newcastle, West Brom, Bournemouth = 3 points

That's a total of 34 points

So we will probably need 4-6 points from Chelsea (h & a)
Moan U (h & a)
Spuds (h & a)
Arse (h & a)
Citeh ( h )
L'pool ( a )
Everton (h & a)
Stoke ( a )
Leicester ( a )
Spammers ( a )
So'ton ( a )

Looked at like this, it's far from over yet.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
My first Impression on seeing him after taking charge was how elderly he seems now, ok I know he is 70 but he really is coming across like a doddery old man compared with Harry Redknapp who is still as bright as a button and is the same age

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here