Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woy

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was strange his comment saying its 5-0 now but soon it will 2-0 or 1-0 - I wasn't sure if he was talking about losing or winning

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's loving it, not much expected from a rubbish squad and a few million in his bank account when the inevitable happens! Bank of CPFC :D

I'm inclined to agree. He'll have a great Christmas with £2m extra in the bank having just been sacked and paid off.

Pardew to come back in January?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's loving it, not much expected from a rubbish squad and a few million in his bank account when the inevitable happens! Bank of CPFC :D

Exactly this. Nothing for him to lose - almost certainly his last managerial job, and he'll leave with a seven figure payoff at some point, nicely topping up his pension.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
He said something along the lines of the reason they lost was because they failed to take their chances. So it wasn't the 5 goals you conceded?

Maniac. I'm loving every minute of his Palace tenure.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Worst appointment ever Woy will take them down happy days.

Actually, I don't think it is the worst appointment but it is the worse ''timed'' appointment. If they had decided to change Manager, they should have let the old Mamanager take the Man City and Man Utd and Chelsea hammerings and then brought Hodgson in.

He would then be starting off on a fresh footing in matches he could conceivably take points in. As it stands he could start of with 3 severe batterings from which confidence might never recover from. That's what you get when you have a Chairman who wants to be the centre of attention they don't even take these things into consideration before they act

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Applying the Frank de Boer rule he's only got two matched left before he's sacked. Other than a £2m golden goodbye, why does someone his age and with his money in the bank want jump into the frying pan with all the inevitable stress at his age. Oh stupid niaive me, it must be because he's always had a thing for Palace or perhaps its the MONEY.
Worst PL managerial appointment, maybe the only real candidate because everyone else knows its a dead duck, That said, we're only four points above them at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That club will never learn about manager appointments

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
All these cocky comments are gonna come back to bite us I fear. Despite being absolutely abysmal all season they are only 4 points behind us and as much as I hate to say it they have a stronger squad. Before they went 1 down yesterday there were glimpses of quality. Loftus cheek is some player if he can be bothered.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
No brainer for Hodgson really.

His reputation is already in tatters thanks to the England job and realistically he's not going to be looking for another job after this one so he either does the unthinkable and keeps them up, allowing him to retire on a high, or they get hammered every week and he doesn't even have to see out the season to get his money.

Get this run of horrible games out the way and they will start picking up points here and there. It's just a question of whether by then it will all be too late. Assuming United and Chelsea don't slip up against them then you're looking at a run of eight straight defeats. That is a MOUNTAIN to climb getting out of that rut

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
All these cocky comments are gonna come back to bite us I fear. Despite being absolutely abysmal all season they are only 4 points behind us and as much as I hate to say it they have a stronger squad. Before they went 1 down yesterday there were glimpses of quality. Loftus cheek is some player if he can be bothered.

Got a funny feeling you could be right. That bunch of jammy sods look like they're going down each year, then pull it out the bag.

The year they went up, they looked like they were going out of the Championship at the other end. What was it, a 95 minute goal to sneak into the play-offs? We all know the rest.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Wouldn't say it's all cocky, I mean, you got to laugh right? But yeah I agree. They didn't look that bad in the first half and have played well in a couple of other games.Well-ish anyway. They'll turn it around I reckon.

And on a separate note. Do people really think saying 'Woy' has even a fleeting relationship with any kind of humour?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

If we can't be cocky when our rivals have lost six on the spin without scoring, have just shipped five, have lost their only fit striker to injury and have sacked a manager, who their fans lauded as a football messiah, and replaced him with one of the worst England managers in recent history....when can we?

We've put up with years of them bragging about being in the Prem when we were not, now we are finally on a level footing we have to take this opportunity to kick them when they are down.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
All these cocky comments are gonna come back to bite us I fear. Despite being absolutely abysmal all season they are only 4 points behind us and as much as I hate to say it they have a stronger squad.

You say that but I'd have our first choice back four over anyone in theirs.

Granted there's some quality in midfield but Cabaye has been poor for a while now and Loftus-Cheek isn't their player so is never going to have the will to dig in for a scrap, knowing he won't be getting relegated with the rest of them. Townsend is still a good player and Benteke will always score goals at this level. However Benteke is injured and they don't seem to have any backup, so they're in an even worse position than us when it comes to goals.

Lets not forget they were poor last season too but Big Sam just doesn't do relegation so they escaped the drop. This time round they've got just as weak a squad, just without the manager to defy the odds.

Of course I still firmly expect them to do the double over us and finish higher but take out their handful of big names and that squad is piss weak

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here