Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woy

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
If we can't be cocky when our rivals have lost six on the spin without scoring, have just shipped five, have lost their only fit striker to injury and have sacked a manager, who their fans lauded as a football messiah, and replaced him with one of the worst England managers in recent history....when can we?

We've put up with years of them bragging about being in the Prem when we were not, now we are finally on a level footing we have to take this opportunity to kick them when they are down.

Yep, got it spot on there, postie.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You say that but I'd have our first choice back four over anyone in theirs.

Granted there's some quality in midfield but Cabaye has been poor for a while now and Loftus-Cheek isn't their player so is never going to have the will to dig in for a scrap, knowing he won't be getting relegated with the rest of them. Townsend is still a good player and Benteke will always score goals at this level. However Benteke is injured and they don't seem to have any backup, so they're in an even worse position than us when it comes to goals.

Lets not forget they were poor last season too but Big Sam just doesn't do relegation so they escaped the drop. This time round they've got just as weak a squad, just without the manager to defy the odds.

Of course I still firmly expect them to do the double over us and finish higher but take out their handful of big names and that squad is piss weak
Yes our back 4 better for sure..... And maybe our central midfield..... Cabaye has been woeful for a long time, severely overrated player.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Worst PL managerial appointment, maybe the only real candidate because everyone else knows its a dead duck, That said, we're only four points above them at the moment.

"Only real candidate because everyone else knows its a dead duck?" Oh come on! If Woy gets the sack in January with Palace still on nil points there'll be a huge queue of has-been and wannabe managers putting themselves forward for the job! Same as for any managerial vacancy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we can't be cocky when our rivals have lost six on the spin without scoring, have just shipped five, have lost their only fit striker to injury and have sacked a manager, who their fans lauded as a football messiah, and replaced him with one of the worst England managers in recent history....when can we?

We've put up with years of them bragging about being in the Prem when we were not, now we are finally on a level footing we have to take this opportunity to kick them when they are down.

Nailed it. Will have to put up with the retaliation if and when it happens. For now ?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have to give credit to Roy so far.
Not once has he stood on the touch line with that look of sheer helplessness and panic as if to say "what the f**k do I do now"
No, he sat quietly in the dugout, eyes shifting very quickly from left to right and counted the goals going past his goalie, not bothering if it was 1,2 or 5, it's all the same to him, apparently.
An improvement on England, so far.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All these cocky comments are gonna come back to bite us I fear. Despite being absolutely abysmal all season they are only 4 points behind us and as much as I hate to say it they have a stronger squad. Before they went 1 down yesterday there were glimpses of quality. Loftus cheek is some player if he can be bothered.

They could also conceivably be 7 or 8 points behind after they come out of their next 3 games and a team at the bottom of the league struggling won't find picking up 3 wins very easy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They could also conceivably be 7 or 8 points behind after they come out of their next 3 games and a team at the bottom of the league struggling won't find picking up 3 wins very easy

Let's get those points on the board first. Palace could lose their next three and still be only four points behind us too.

Chickens still to hatch and all that.....................................

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Let's get those points on the board first. Palace could lose their next three and still be only four points behind us too.

Chickens still to hatch and all that.....................................

I know, I never normally do that..............Was just really trying to point out that sides at the bottom find it difficult to amass points with any consistency

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Roy will be here till the end of the season, whatever happens .
Enjoy it while you can lads, as others have said you don't get the chance too often.
As for calling him Woy, doesn't your chairman have a problem with his "R's" ?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
All these cocky comments are gonna come back to bite us I fear. Despite being absolutely abysmal all season they are only 4 points behind us and as much as I hate to say it they have a stronger squad. Before they went 1 down yesterday there were glimpses of quality. Loftus cheek is some player if he can be bothered.

Fully agree. Although they lost by a greater margin and were abysmal in the second half, at tines they put pressure on city in ways we could not. Best keep the gloating until we are safe from relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Enjoy it while you can lads, as others have said you don't get the chance too often.

And your point is ....

Oh sorry you’ve got none (yet) [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sad that a small club like Palace didn't pile in and give someone like Chris Wilder a well deserved chance. Sad for them anyway [emoji23]

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Looking at Fixtures earlier and Palace dont look like getting many, or any points on the board before home game to West ham home game on the 28th of October(barring a flukey result).

Oh happy days.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth

you do realise if you go by your recent sacking you could have 9.5 managers this season....
sums up what a bunch of uncouth twats your board is

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here