Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunker down folks, looks like Nuclear war is on the cards anytime soon.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
LOL for sure,
But perhaps we shouldn't be quite so flippant considering the two 'Nutjobs' who are calling this show !
I just hope the Chinese are wagging a little finger at one of them right now !
God knows who needs to be wagging the little finger at the other Chump !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
LOL for sure,
But perhaps we shouldn't be quite so flippant considering the two 'Nutjobs' who are calling this show !
I just hope the Chinese are wagging a little finger at one of them right now !
God knows who needs to be wagging the little finger at the other Chump !

Trump or no Trump, I do not for one minute believe that the USA will start a nuclear war. If the fat little turd in North Korea nukes anybody, then I fully expect the skies over North Korea to fall in, possibly with the tacit consent of China and Russia (there could even be an agreement that they'll do the deed themselves; that would end 70 years of jealousy that the USA is the only country ever to have nuked anybody).
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though - I did quite enough of that in the 1960s!

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I see Big Don has sent military jets as a show of strength just off N Korea coast line, and now Big Kim is threatening a response.....

Just how close are we to nuclear war do you think ?

Should I even bother sticking to my pathetic diet, and just crack open that bottle of wine and move on to the vodka at 10 tonight followed by random things in the fridge that when drunk look like they could make a good sandwich with shit loads of mayo and hot sauce.
If ever there was a post deserving the quintessential poll

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
People say to turn down the jingoistic rhetoric and let the sanctions hit North Korea hard. Come to think of it, I say that myself. But let's not forget that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor partly because of the severe sanctions that had been imposed that was starving them of oil and other essential goods. Severe sanctions can also trigger war when it leaves the sanctioned feeling they have no other choice than to react. And the current equivalent of Pearl Harbor would probably be a first strike on the US by NK. There's no easy answer to this one.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Judging by the number of North Korean missile tests that fail, I would estimate that most countries apart from South Korea and Japan are in about as much danger as a goalkeeper at Crystal Palace shooting practice.

If they somehow manage to hit either country and their bomb(s) actually explode - which I somehow doubt (it's one thing to conduct underground tests in controlled conditions and quite another to deliver a nuke on a missile), China has already said it will not defend NK in any conflict that it has started.

The USA will be bound to retaliate for an attack on one or more of its allies, and at that point much of North Korea will become a smoking ruin, possibly with the aid of a limited nuclear attack but largely through the use of conventional weapons. And as long as any radioactive debris doesn't affect either Russia or China too drastically, they will both confine themselves to expressions of outrage at the UN and then be secretly relieved that the North Korean prbolem has been solved to some extent and that the USA can be painted as the villain again.

But as has been said, there is no conceivable way in which Europe will be directly involved. The internet might go off for a few hours if the electromagnetic pulse of any nukes is strong enough, but that's all.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Judging by the number of North Korean missile tests that fail, I would estimate that most countries apart from South Korea and Japan are in about as much danger as a goalkeeper at Crystal Palace shooting practice.

If they somehow manage to hit either country and their bomb(s) actually explode - which I somehow doubt (it's one thing to conduct underground tests in controlled conditions and quite another to deliver a nuke on a missile), China has already said it will not defend NK in any conflict that it has started.

The USA will be bound to retaliate for an attack on one or more of its allies, and at that point much of North Korea will become a smoking ruin, possibly with the aid of a limited nuclear attack but largely through the use of conventional weapons. And as long as any radioactive debris doesn't affect either Russia or China too drastically, they will both confine themselves to expressions of outrage at the UN and then be secretly relieved that the North Korean prbolem has been solved to some extent and that the USA can be painted as the villain again.

But as has been said, there is no conceivable way in which Europe will be directly involved. The internet might go off for a few hours if the electromagnetic pulse of any nukes is strong enough, but that's all.
100% this. Although I presume that bedwetting will still occur and the idea that the machinations of a tiny country in Asia could directly affect us will continue.

If I lived in Seoul I might be concerned. In the UK, not so much. Or at all actually.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
100% this. Although I presume that bedwetting will still occur and the idea that the machinations of a tiny country in Asia could directly affect us will continue.

If I lived in Seoul I might be concerned. In the UK, not so much. Or at all actually.

Ahhh but....

You have not thought about the repercussions if Big Kim fired his rocket and then Big Don returned with interest and then China & Russia involved that's when it gets interesting this could, let me stress could escalate very quickly.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So what if I can't spell armourgedden, it's not the end of the world is it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here