Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Crystal Palace 500.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace are the only team in Europe's big five leagues yet to score a league goal this season

Before today's no show, I think it is the Guardians statologist, was trying to find a comparable team.
He'd got as far as the 9th (ninth) tier and was unable to find a team that hadn't even scored.

I'd hate to think how low he'll have to trawl now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched their defeat on motd. Shocking lack of team spirit and effort. Giving up after missing tackles, not chasing runners, playing intricate passing in their own crowded box and beyond, inevitably losing the ball.

Schlupp, Ward, the CB's, Puncheon, Hennessy and Townsend were all rubbish.

A depressing analysis from Roy:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41456107

Ah well, as Steve Parish always says, at least the Sun always comes up every day.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
They'll finish above us, stay up, we'll get relegated and they'll do the double.

I can't find odds anywhere for this. I would bet a kidney on it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They'll finish above us, stay up, we'll get relegated and they'll do the double.

I can't find odds anywhere for this. I would bet a kidney on it.

I know what you mean. Despite their LLLLLLL, the others aren't pulling away due to relentless defeats to the huge spending clubs and a lot of draws.

But I'm thinking both go down, possibly with Swansea.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Maybe it would be a good idea to park this thread, wait until we are mathematically safe and then check where Palace are in the table and how may points they are from safety ( above or below).

A maximum of six points from both fixtures will help shape the final table but there is no benefit in finishing 10-15 points above them if we still end up 18th on goal difference.

Here's to an epic 90 minutes in North London on Sunday despite Brighton being utterly devoid of strikers.

Maybe we will need false number 10s as well as false number 9s.....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A sublime turn by Marcus Rashford on the left wing had sent Joel Ward so far in the wrong direction that the Palace full-back practically had to pay to get back in.

:lol: Bravo Paul Wilson in the Grauniad.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hodgeson said 'on occasion our passing and movement was reasonable'. Talk about damming with faint praise the bloke is inspirational.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched their defeat on motd. Shocking lack of team spirit and effort. Giving up after missing tackles, not chasing runners, playing intricate passing in their own crowded box and beyond, inevitably losing the ball.

Schlupp, Ward, the CB's, Puncheon, Hennessy and Townsend were all rubbish.

A depressing analysis from Roy:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41456107

Ah well, as Steve Parish always says, at least the Sun always comes up every day.
I'm not sure Hennessy deserves his place with those players.

After all the others played so badly he did have to make at least 3 very good saves.

larus

Watching MOTD last night and the Palace debacle, what struck me in the observations about their players was the difference between the commitment shown by our players and theirs.
For example, Dunk and Duffy work hard for each other and the team. If there’s a mistake, they don’t stop and throw their hands up in the air, they’re throwing their bodies in front of the shot trying to block it. We know our squad is not at the level of others in the league, but there appears to be a desire/mentality to graft. Whether that’s enough or not, who knows, but it’s a damned good platform.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Watching MOTD last night and the Palace debacle, what struck me in the observations about their players was the difference between the commitment shown by our players and theirs.
For example, Dunk and Duffy work hard for each other and the team. If there’s a mistake, they don’t stop and throw their hands up in the air, they’re throwing their bodies in front of the shot trying to block it. We know our squad is not at the level of others in the league, but there appears to be a desire/mentality to graft. Whether that’s enough or not, who knows, but it’s a damned good platform.
This.

You can have more talented players but if the attitude stinks you are ****ed.

They are ****ed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What you mean like Knockaert does?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
He's not a central defender though, his amateur dramatics are annoying occassionaly I admit. Compare his work rate defending to Townsends I have to admit I was shocked watching Palaces defending.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's not a central defender though, his amateur dramatics are annoying occassionaly I admit. Compare his work rate defending to Townsends I have to admit I was shocked watching Palaces defending.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Townsend was shocking. Looks like he wants to be anywhere but playing for Palace. Can't blame him.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Townsend was shocking. Looks like he wants to be anywhere but playing for Palace. Can't blame him.

And for bonus chuckles, when I scanned one of their forums, he was mentioned as one who put an effort in.

larus

I was thinking of adding something to my original post regarding AK, and yes, he can be frustrating sometimes, but he also grafts hard at other times for the team. He’s not perfect, but I will not criticise him for the occasional loss of concentration or emotional outburst when weighed up against the many benefits he brings to the team. It’s when you see defenders and central midfielders not doing (what appear to be) the basics correctly and exhibiting emotions that imply they don’t care, then that’s when I think you have grounds to take issue. I don’t think we could accuse AK of not caring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here