Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gas Hob Fitter Required

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tradesman of NSC I need a gas hob fitter location Shoreham, PM me if interested

NB Not sure of the dimensions dept of the one currently in situ, Google not being my friend

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like Checkatrade then

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If it's a bayonet fitting just take old one out and put new one in.

Not for a gas hob, bayonet fitting only for a free standing cooker.

That's why this sort of work can only be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

That's why this sort of work can only be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Is the right answer so anyone prepared to respond with an offer

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You can try Charlie of Pavilion Plumbing.
My next door neighbour and Albion fan and does all of our boilers.
Not sure how busy he is tho.

Shouldn't refer to the women like that.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Simmo who ?

Fair enough - you asked for advice at lunchtime - nobody bothered to give you a sensible answer.
I felt sorry for you so gave you the name of a gas fitter I have known for over twenty years who is rated 10/10 on Checkatrade.
You choose to take the piss - classy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find these sort of requests are best made during the week. Bounce it on Monday and I'm sure someone will help.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

You're right in that you need RGI to attach the gas line to the hob. It is possible to fit a flexible connector (with a bayonet fitting) to a gas hob 'if stated in the manufacturer's instructions' - It's pretty rare, but not unknown. :smile:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
You're right in that you need RGI to attach the gas line to the hob. It is possible to fit a flexible connector (with a bayonet fitting) to a gas hob 'if stated in the manufacturer's instructions' - It's pretty rare, but not unknown. :smile:

All true, and would like to address my earlier comment. I'm in the building trade and would swap out a bayonet fed appliance myself but do not recommend it. Contradictory to my earlier post, as you get no certification and i'm pretty sure it invalidates any insurances you hold on your home and or contents.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I will take your word for the part about the bayonet and manufacturers institutions, I am not Gas Safe registered.
I used to be Corgi registered and have fitted many gas hobs, but never with a bayonet.

I follow a few installers on Twitter, they post pictures of dodgy boiler installations, occasionally I see a gas hob with a hose and bayonet in a photo, it's a massive no-no with these lads.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I will take your word for the part about the bayonet and manufacturers institutions, I am not Gas Safe registered.
I used to be Corgi registered and have fitted many gas hobs, but never with a bayonet.

I follow a few installers on Twitter, they post pictures of dodgy boiler installations, occasionally I see a gas hob with a hose and bayonet in a photo, it's a massive no-no with these lads.

For sure, and i'm not knocking you (you know some good installers..!) and previously i would have looked at a hob with flex hose on it and shut it off, BUT in this September's Gas Safe 'Engineer' magazine (official one) it has a section 'From the Helplines' and they specifically address this exact question, as it gets asked to them quite a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here