Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Poppy pin from British Legion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bet your pubs made a fortune in the collection tin on the bar.
"Excuse me landlord, can you split my 50p coin so I can buy a poppy"

We always did very well, but my point is that I do not wish to be told how much I should give be it 10p or £4. and I believe the setting of a price is wrong and not in the spirit of this very worthwhile appeal.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Which is what I will do as I have no wish to be seen to appear better than anybody else by buying a metal pin. Another example of people wishing to look superior as I see it.

I think you've jumped to the wrong conclusion here. No-one's trying to be superior. It's just a very smart badge and pretty reasonably priced too.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ugh. Site is buggy as f**k.

If you want to use PayPal - you know, easy/quick payment - it asks you to set up site account with password, address etc, THEN asks payment method, then bypasses account details anyway (!).

And then, for me at least, it bombed out because the delivery info wasn't set up correctty.

Poor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you've jumped to the wrong conclusion here. No-one's trying to be superior. It's just a very smart badge and pretty reasonably priced too.

It may well be but I want to donate how ever much I wish for a poppy. I will leave at that or somebody will start me on large poppies on cars

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It may well be but I want to donate how ever much I wish for a poppy. I will leave at that or somebody will start me on large poppies on cars

That's fair enough. I don't go with your argument but if that's your view then okay but it's a pretty low blow to accuse us of trying to be superior just for disagreeing. Speaking for myself, it's an extremely worthwhile cause and I don't begrudge the RBL sticking a price tag on something.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What do B&HA have to do with Remembrance Sunday? Really? Why not just buy a poppy?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
£28 and 14 days to get it delivered here :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What do B&HA have to do with Remembrance Sunday? Really? Why not just buy a poppy?

Our goalkeeper was killed in WW1. Pom Pom Whiting. There are others engraved on the memorial in the Memorial garden at the Amex.

I uploaded the wrong photo and can't seem to delete it?

Attachments

• In memoriam.jpg
    In memoriam.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Which is what I will do as I have no wish to be seen to appear better than anybody else by buying a metal pin. Another example of people wishing to look superior as I see it.

:wozza:
At no point have I ever thought, ' oh I'm better than anybody else' because I have a pin badge instead of a paper poppy.
I actually buy a paper poppy but I don't get on with the pin, so I don't actually wear it, I find fixing a pin badge onto my coat a lot easier.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just bought four. Hardest purchase I've ever made on the net. Just kept going round in circles asking for log in and password.

Ah, I'm glad you have posted this, I thought it was just me.
What am I missing?
I tried twice to purchase 2 badges and couldn't get past the password bit, I'm not actually sure why I have to log in. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here