Brighton Poppy pin from British Legion

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bit steep? ....... words fail me
Surely you dont begrudge £7 to The Royal British Legion for Poppy Day

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I do not begrudge £7 to the RBL but I do take umbrage at being told how much I should pay. I thought that the idea of the Poppy Appeal is that people give what they wish and how ever much they can afford.

You choose whatever you want to pay for a poppy. This is a different product altogether.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I do not begrudge £7 to the RBL but I do take umbrage at being told how much I should pay. I thought that the idea of the Poppy Appeal is that people give what they wish and how ever much they can afford.

That is for the normal paper poppies, where you put your donation in the box. These are metal pins, and having seen the veterans who work at the RBL factory making these, it's worth every penny.
Stick to the paper poppies if you don't want to buy one of these.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ok I understand and assume that the usual poppies will be on sale at the ground for those who wish to give.

I bet your pubs made a fortune in the collection tin on the bar.
"Excuse me landlord, can you split my 50p coin so I can buy a poppy"

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Tried to order from website and given up as in endless loop of having to log in or register or re register - why can I not just buy something!!!!

Jul 7, 2003

Jul 7, 2003
Tried to order from website and given up as in endless loop of having to log in or register or re register - why can I not just buy something!!!!

I had that issue using the Edge browser. Switched to Chrome and it was okay. You might find in Chrome, it tells you that your email is already taken in which case go to the sign in option for existing customers and you should get in from there as the account has already been set up.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Speaking of poppies, i bought one of the poppies from the Tower of London display and there's a website now where you can register where you have or planted your poppy. They are trying to trace them all and you can share your story about a relative who fought or was lost.

http://www.wherearethepoppiesnow.org.uk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here