Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Poppy pin from British Legion

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our goalkeeper was killed in WW1. Pom Pom Whiting. There are others engraved on the memorial in the Memorial garden at the Amex.

I uploaded the wrong photo and can't seem to delete it?

Still odd to link to. Everyone / thing had a link - is it a new thing or have we been doing since 1914?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Which is what I will do as I have no wish to be seen to appear better than anybody else by buying a metal pin. Another example of people wishing to look superior as I see it.

Or perhaps most normal people look at it. Think its a nice product and buy it to show support for the cause. I have bought one in the past and certainly didnt do so to feel superior to anyone else. What an odd comment

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Still odd to link to. Everyone / thing had a link - is it a new thing or have we been doing since 1914?

We're not doing it. The pins are being sold by the Royal British Legion from their website poppyshop. You can buy lots of different poppies, not just Premier League teams.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mine arrived today and very smart it is too.

Capture6.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I noticed a knocker boy flogging these after the Newcastle home game on the path along to BACA, grrrrrr

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They were flogging them for £2 each so presume that they had their own made up.

On the assumption that the knock off ones look okay, you could buy one of those, put the £5 'saving' in a poppy tin, and buy yourself a PINT with the saved postage.

Everyone's a WINNER.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Why would you feel the need to proclaim your support for both the poppy appeal and the Albion at the same time?

Not for me Clive...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't worry mate I'll get one.
I get a bit teary for what young fellas did for my generation (61 now)

I'm a few years younger and feel the same. I stumbled across an old news report the other day of the dead servicemen being taken back through Royal Wootton Bassett and was welling up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here