Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth football fines

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Up to the ref if he wants to let County F A know. Once he has the fine is issued to the club not the player. The club has to pay or will as a club be banned from playing. Your club can't enforce the penalty on your son but with the club I help coach we would expect the players parent to pay unless they are unable due to financial concerns.

I'm afraid you need to be talking to your son about his conduct, pay what's due to your club and move on knowing you have made the correct decision or alternatively you could just moan.

Is that true? If these rules are the same throughout all levels, isn't it the player that bears the responsibility? (I'm thinking of the Fisher/Haywards Heath case last season when HH were denied promotion from the SCFL because they fielded a player [Melford Simpson] who was under a sine die ban from the London FA for a fine not being paid. As far as I'm aware, there was no suggestion that his club [Fisher] would be banned). Of course, there may be valid reasons why these cases are materially different.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No doubt part of his club fees will include an item for league registration and FA registration - in the overall scheme of things these two fees are minimal. By paying the fee to the FA he is permitted to play football, so I guess he is getting something fpr his money. I am not aware of any prescribed list of fines that the County FA use, although I guess they have a range from which they select what they deem to be appropriate.
As another has posted, the fine is directed of your son's club and they have to pay it. Most clubs have something in their terms and conditions that the player is responsible for reimbursing them. You could ask the club to appeal against the severe
Ity of the sentence - I would advise against it because in my experience the County FA don't tend to backtrack, as I know to my club's cost.
Surely if the ref did not have the mean to send a player off at the start of the game IE red yellow card notebook etc Then the game should not have been reffed in a way that a sending off could take place ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Trouble is it could now cause problems within the clubs As people have said the ref does not have to send a report in ?

I'm not a ref so I don't know, but irrespective of the fact he's the managers son it seems the home team have breached a couple of new regulations which are designed to prevent exactly this situation. Frankly, dodging reporting that makes me think he did deserve a red after all.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
He needs to keep his hands to himself. This is punishment for not doing and a deterrant from doing it again within the Sussex FA rules you would have signed on his behalf.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is that true? If these rules are the same throughout all levels, isn't it the player that bears the responsibility? (I'm thinking of the Fisher/Haywards Heath case last season when HH were denied promotion from the SCFL because they fielded a player [Melford Simpson] who was under a sine die ban from the London FA for a fine not being paid. As far as I'm aware, there was no suggestion that his club [Fisher] would be banned). Of course, there may be valid reasons why these cases are materially different.

Can't fine a child so the club has to pay.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I'm not a ref so I don't know, but irrespective of the fact he's the managers son it seems the home team have breached a couple of new regulations which are designed to prevent exactly this situation. Frankly, dodging reporting that makes me think he did deserve a red after all.
My club have reported the other team What for I'm not sure yet as I have not spoken to anyone at the club since it happened ? And to be honest he did deserve something I'm not denying that

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Surely if the ref did not have the mean to send a player off at the start of the game IE red yellow card notebook etc Then the game should not have been reffed in a way that a sending off could take place ?

The red and yellow cards are simply a means of identifying to onlookers that a player has been cautioned or sent off. If a referee loses his card mid-match, it doesn't mean he can't send a player from the field. Likewise, there is nothing whatsoever in the Laws about having a notebook. Referees are expected to know who they've dealt with, but there is nothing to specify how they do this, so I think you're clutching at straws if your complaint is genuinely that he didn't have cards or a book!

Ultimately, you might have a case for being miffed if this young man refereeing was genuinely influenced into changing his mind, but then again it seems a little unsporting to criticise a 16 year old who's brave enough to run the gauntlet of 22 players and sets of parents by taking up the whistle. It's not an easy job, at any level.

You admit yourself that your son got involved in pushing and shoving an opponent: footballers at any level run the risk of disciplinary action if they do that. I'd suggest you're better served- as will your boy be- by telling him that next time somebody winds him up, he should be the better man, rise above it, and walk away. Then he won't give any officials the chance to send him off, whether you think they're unduly influenced or not. All kids need to learn they're responsible for their own actions at some stage in life, surely...?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The red and yellow cards are simply a means of identifying to onlookers that a player has been cautioned or sent off. If a referee loses his card mid-match, it doesn't mean he can't send a player from the field. Likewise, there is nothing whatsoever in the Laws about having a notebook. Referees are expected to know who they've dealt with, but there is nothing to specify how they do this, so I think you're clutching at straws if your complaint is genuinely that he didn't have cards or a book!

Ultimately, you might have a case for being miffed if this young man refereeing was genuinely influenced into changing his mind, but then again it seems a little unsporting to criticise a 16 year old who's brave enough to run the gauntlet of 22 players and sets of parents by taking up the whistle. It's not an easy job, at any level.

You admit yourself that your son got involved in pushing and shoving an opponent: footballers at any level run the risk of disciplinary action if they do that. I'd suggest you're better served- as will your boy be- by telling him that next time somebody winds him up, he should be the better man, rise above it, and walk away. Then he won't give any officials the chance to send him off, whether you think they're unduly influenced or not. All kids need to learn they're responsible for their own actions at some stage in life, surely...?

All of this.

Then hide behind the changing rooms with 3 of your mates and duff him up afterwards. Obviously.

macky

Dec 28, 2004

Unsporting what about the other team who put the pressure on him to change his mind
There is more to this our manager was even calling offside against his own team Like I said pressure was applied by the other side

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

You'd think that, wouldn't you? However, it worked for Henri Lansbury when we played Nottm Forest early in the season last year. Andy Madley unknowingly dropped his yellow card (when he booked Sam Baldock, if I remember correctly). A couple of minutes later Lansbury committed a foul and Madley reached for his yellow card, but couldn't find it. Absolutely nothing to stop him still recording the caution, but he didn't (as confirmed by the FA website subsequently).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unsporting what about the other team who put the pressure on him to change his mind
There is more to this our manager was even calling offside against his own team Like I said pressure was applied by the other side
Pay his fine, bide your time, then kick off in the return fixture would be my advice. That or don't pay the fine, register your son in a different name, then kick off in the return fixture.

:thumbsup:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Pay his fine, bide your time, then kick off in the return fixture would be my advice. That or don't pay the fine, register your son in a different name, then kick off in the return fixture.

Going by the answers here I think I just need to tell him to be as sly as a fox Cant seem to be straight these days

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Going by the answers here I think I just need to tell him to be as sly as a fox Cant seem to be straight these days
Sounds like your son has been done for very little. I really do understand why you're pissed off about it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Or you could just tell him not to get involved in scrapping with other players. Which is the point of the fine.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• Fine.JPG
    Fine.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 174

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Sounds like your son has been done for very little. I really do understand why you're pissed off about it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Thank you someone who understands where I'm coming from

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was this a fine or standard administration charge. as it is unusual to fine youth players or at least it was when I was involved with disciplinary procedures?.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Or just pay the fine?

I know no one here is on £300,000 a week but perhaps it'll bring in to sharp contrast the benefits of remaining on the pitch - regardless of who's at fault.

I've played about 10 seasons of lower league football, unprofessional football perhaps more, at Rottingdean, Lewis District and Hackney Marshes and captained my Uni (I know what you're thinking but bare with me). Obviously, and I shan't ham it up, the standard was pretty poor and I won't claim to be good, but it's competitive. We won leagues and stuff. We weren't idiots or terrible at it. My point being that I played CB and didn't get booked once (albeit lucky a few times) and only sent off once (intentional handball). But I tried to not get sent off. You'll get morons everywhere that test you. Stand your ground but never rise to it. You can't get sent off for not saying anything and keeping your hands down, but you can still try be really good.

Instead of worrying about who's at fault or moaning about the clowns that run the show, follow in the example of Philipp Lahm and other consummate professionals and stay out of the soap opera of it all. Maybe, dare I say it, learn from the experience.

NB

I don't mean to belittle the situation but don't worry about it. It's a round at the pub, depending what your tipple is.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Or just pay the fine?

I know no one here is on £300,000 a week but perhaps it'll bring in to sharp contrast the benefits of remaining on the pitch - regardless of who's at fault.

I've played about 10 seasons of lower league football, unprofessional football perhaps more, at Rottingdean, Lewis District and Hackney Marshes and captained my Uni (I know what you're thinking but bare with me). Obviously, and I shan't ham it up, the standard was pretty poor and I won't claim to be good, but it's competitive. We won leagues and stuff. We weren't idiots or terrible at it. My point being that I played CB and didn't get booked once (albeit lucky a few times) and only sent off once (intentional handball). But I tried to not get sent off. You'll get morons everywhere that test you. Stand your ground but never rise to it. You can't get sent off for not saying anything and keeping your hands down, but you can still try be really good.

Instead of worrying about who's at fault or moaning about the clowns that run the show, follow in the example of Philipp Lahm and other consummate professionals and stay out of the soap opera of it all. Maybe, dare I say it, learn from the experience.

NB

I don't mean to belittle the situation but don't worry about it. It's a round at the pub, depending what your tipple is.
I know and appreciate What your saying But I just cant get my head round fining a 12 year old that much

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here