Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth football fines

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Did you lose by any chance?

Any support for the young referee? Are you a club official or just a complaining parent?

What makes you think the Sussex FA admin team are volunteers?

Have you discussed the sending off with your son, or just the "unfair" punishment?
No they still won in fact his team scored two more after he went off

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You're making him pay out of his pocket money[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Well there's no point fining him 50p is there? It's meant to be a deterrent and hopefully he'll not get involved in handbags again!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He's not old enough to work paper round etc So if I refuse as it's not my fine How is he meant to find the money So the do fa will ban him until he's old enough to work and find the money to pay them ?

Why are you totally ignorant to the fact that when you registered your son with the league there were also conduct rules and fines

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He's not old enough to work paper round etc So if I refuse as it's not my fine How is he meant to find the money So the do fa will ban him until he's old enough to work and find the money to pay them ?

Yes, they will ban him until the fine is paid.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Did you lose by any chance?

Any support for the young referee? Are you a club official or just a complaining parent?

What makes you think the Sussex FA admin team are volunteers?

Have you discussed the sending off with your son, or just the "unfair" punishment?
How can I talk to him about it When the ref has said he did not want to send him off What can I say Give him a big talk about playing the game fairly

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
How is fining boy for his first offence Going to encourage him £10- £20 fair enough But £35 And if they are volunteers Why is the admin fee so high I get charged less Admin by my insurance company

Bearing in mind we now have kids playing organised football under the juristiction of the FA from the age of 6 upwards I don't think pocket money comes into any of their equations. Whether they are aged 7 or more, it will usually be the parents who foot the bill. Unfair on parents? Well, no if they are not discouraging their kids from breaking the rules; yes, of they are. One hopes that any parent who falls victim to this will have a conversation with their child.
From what I can make out the county FA have a number of full time staff that need paying, accomodation, responsibilities for coaching and training etc etc, expenses of putting disciplinary panels together etc etc. It all costs money. I suspect that insurance companies have greater economies of scale. The £35 is not just an admin fee - as I said, it's mainly a deterrent.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
You could have had a quiet word with the ref after the game, he didn't need to put the red card through. If he genuinely didn't want to, he didn't have to proceed with it. With my Sunday team, we have had plenty of cards not put through by the ref

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Bearing in mind we now have kids playing organised football under the juristiction of the FA from the age of 6 upwards I don't think pocket money comes into any of their equations. Whether they are aged 7 or more, it will usually be the parents who foot the bill. Unfair on parents? Well, no if they are not discouraging their kids from breaking the rules; yes, of they are. One hopes that any parent who falls victim to this will have a conversation with their child.
From what I can make out the county FA have a number of full time staff that need paying, accomodation, responsibilities for coaching and training etc etc, expenses of putting disciplinary panels together etc etc. It all costs money. I suspect that insurance companies have greater economies of scale. The £35 is not just an admin fee - as I said, it's mainly a deterrent.
Try to find the fine scale on the fa's website Very hard to find I still haven't yet Yes it me who will pay the fine So how is he going to learn from that Where as if it was £10 or so I could have made him pay He has played football from the age of 5 Every year he has paid the fa a fee And has received nothing in return Apart from this fine

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You could have had a quiet word with the ref after the game, he didn't need to put the red card through. If he genuinely didn't want to, he didn't have to proceed with it. With my Sunday team, we have had plenty of cards not put through by the ref
Is that right ? Trouble is I think he felt He had to as he did not want the other team to complain about him Like I said he is only 16 He had no cards until they produced one I will appeal this as it's principle

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Up to the ref if he wants to let County F A know. Once he has the fine is issued to the club not the player. The club has to pay or will as a club be banned from playing. Your club can't enforce the penalty on your son but with the club I help coach we would expect the players parent to pay unless they are unable due to financial concerns.

I'm afraid you need to be talking to your son about his conduct, pay what's due to your club and move on knowing you have made the correct decision or alternatively you could just moan.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Up to the ref if he wants to let County F A know. Once he has the fine is issued to the club not the player. The club has to pay or will as a club be banned from playing. Your club can't enforce the penalty on your son but with the club I help coach we would expect the players parent to pay unless they are unable due to financial concerns.

I'm afraid you need to be talking to your son about his conduct, pay what's due to your club and move on knowing you have made the correct decision or alternatively you could just moan.
The manager has made a complaint about the other team His son who reffed the game has made a complaint and the club have made a complaint Yet i'm just expected to pay up and keep quiet How can I tell my son not to stand up for his self the other boy was treading on his toes Like I said it was the two of them But the other team put pressure on there ref to change his mind

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not really relevant to this but I'm involved with my son's under 11 team along with 3 other coaches (not all of us can do every week which is why we spread the love). For the opening game of the season we needed to select a captain as it's a new team and the previous captain left. The other three chose my son "because he's sensible".

Now, in under 11s there is now a sin bin which you go to for a timeout as a stepping stone to what the OP is talking about and you have to mark out a "sin bin" technical area, which I duly did with cones.

Similarly to the OP the ref failed to show so one of our other coaches reffed the first half and one of their coaches reffed the 2nd. Cue "sensible" Junior giving away a penalty with one of the worst tackles I've ever seen him make, but escaping sanction due to no one present having the right colour card for a sin bin or understanding how it worked.

We're currently looking for a new captain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Suck it up, son.
Keep your hands to yourself.

If I felt the fine was too steep, I'd 'fine' my boy what I thought was acceptable, then pay the rest.
As a one time only deal.

Anything else implies rules are there to be weaselled out of.

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
It's not really relevant to this but I'm involved with my son's under 11 team along with 3 other coaches (not all of us can do every week which is why we spread the love). For the opening game of the season we needed to select a captain as it's a new team and the previous captain left. The other three chose my son "because he's sensible".

Now, in under 11s there is now a sin bin which you go to for a timeout as a stepping stone to what the OP is talking about and you have to mark out a "sin bin" technical area, which I duly did with cones.

Similarly to the OP the ref failed to show so one of our other coaches reffed the first half and one of their coaches reffed the 2nd. Cue "sensible" Junior giving away a penalty with one of the worst tackles I've ever seen him make, but escaping sanction due to no one present having the right colour card for a sin bin or understanding how it worked.

We're currently looking for a new captain.
Exactly the sin bin under 12's are supposed to have them this year The other team had not marked them out either Like I said I want to appeal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly the sin bin under 12's are supposed to have them this year The other team had not marked them out either Like I said I want to appeal

If 12s are also supposed to have them then I have more sympathy for you based on what you've said. Both players should have been sin binned and I would appeal based on the fact that the oppo hadn't provided a ref or sin bins. You'll at least get them answering to the FA too.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

When you do, use some full stops. :mad:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If 12s are also supposed to have them then I have more sympathy for you based on what you've said. Both players should have been sin binned and I would appeal based on the fact that the oppo hadn't provided a ref or sin bins. You'll at least get them answering to the FA too.
Trouble is it could now cause problems within the clubs As people have said the ref does not have to send a report in ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Try to find the fine scale on the fa's website Very hard to find I still haven't yet Yes it me who will pay the fine So how is he going to learn from that Where as if it was £10 or so I could have made him pay He has played football from the age of 5 Every year he has paid the fa a fee And has received nothing in return Apart from this fine

No doubt part of his club fees will include an item for league registration and FA registration - in the overall scheme of things these two fees are minimal. By paying the fee to the FA he is permitted to play football, so I guess he is getting something fpr his money. I am not aware of any prescribed list of fines that the County FA use, although I guess they have a range from which they select what they deem to be appropriate.
As another has posted, the fine is directed of your son's club and they have to pay it. Most clubs have something in their terms and conditions that the player is responsible for reimbursing them. You could ask the club to appeal against the severe
Ity of the sentence - I would advise against it because in my experience the County FA don't tend to backtrack, as I know to my club's cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here