Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth football fines

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
The two of them were both pushing and shoving My son lifted his hand But never connected
But that's not the point A £35 pound for a 12 year old Is out of line Google says the average pocket money is £6 a week so they have fined him a month and halves money

Rooney got 2 weeks for Drink Driving count yourself lucky.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
The Sussex Fa are useless and weak! all this safeguarding stuff the Fa try to enforce is just a smokescreen to try and cover up all the problems in youth football . it may well keep out criminals but it doesnt do anything to eradicate all the toxic morons involved in youth football! The relevant football authorities should buck there ideas up and stop worrying about there company cars, which are most likely funded by fines! ****ing joke!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So a little jostling escalated with your son raising his hand, presumably threateningly so probably deserved to go off. Did the other boy threaten your son? I suspect not otherwise he would have been sent off as well. As for the fine, whilst the club will pay surely you have a moral duty to reimburse them.

It's all well and good teaching your son to stand up for himself but he's obviously got the wrong message if he thinks trying to hit someone is the way to go about it. He'll find himself regularly banned if he chooses to stay in football.

Finally, sin bins are, I believe, only for dissent.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The Sussex Fa are useless and weak! all this safeguarding stuff the Fa try to enforce is just a smokescreen to try and cover up all the problems in youth football . it may well keep out criminals but it doesnt do anything to eradicate all the toxic morons involved in youth football! The relevant football authorities should buck there ideas up and stop worrying about there company cars, which are most likely funded by fines! ****ing joke!
Since My son started playing The amount of out and out cheating I have seen Is beyond belief Kids football is full of it My boy played for one club where the manager went round and threatened one of the parents Making him cry in his own house In front of his family This was a supposedly FA charter club Nothing was done Same club abused a 16 girl ref the manager started swearing and the kids followed suit Jeering and swearing at her as she walked off I heard they were fined £25 Where is the fair play in that

macky

Dec 28, 2004
So a little jostling escalated with your son raising his hand, presumably threateningly so probably deserved to go off. Did the other boy threaten your son? I suspect not otherwise he would have been sent off as well. As for the fine, whilst the club will pay surely you have a moral duty to reimburse them.

It's all well and good teaching your son to stand up for himself but he's obviously got the wrong message if he thinks trying to hit someone is the way to go about it. He'll find himself regularly banned if he chooses to stay in football.

Finally, sin bins are, I believe, only for dissent.
I'm not saying he did not deserve to go What I'm trying to say is £35 is too much for a 12 year old

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
If 12s are also supposed to have them then I have more sympathy for you based on what you've said. Both players should have been sin binned and I would appeal based on the fact that the oppo hadn't provided a ref or sin bins. You'll at least get them answering to the FA too.

Sin bins are only being trialled for offences of dissent, either by word or action. All other offences are subject to existing outcomes, ie, yellow or red cards. Therefore, the OP's son's 'offence' was not applicable for him to be sin binned.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
if a youngster gets sent off, then so what he or the parent has to pay a fine ! It’s all good in my opinion because it sets the standard at an early level. Hopefully The youngsters will learn from this

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not saying he did not deserve to go What I'm trying to say is £35 is too much for a 12 year old

Why should it relate to what his 'pocket money' is. Does he buy his own football boots, training gear etc. I doubt it. So, you have to pay on his behalf (reimburse his club) but surely if you think he was wrong then you might punish him some other way, stop his wi-fi, ground him or something so that he might think twice before doing it again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sin bins are only being trialled for offences of dissent, either by word or action. All other offences are subject to existing outcomes, ie, yellow or red cards. Therefore, the OP's son's 'offence' was not applicable for him to be sin binned.

Thanks.

Not exactly what we'd been told. Yes I know I could find this out if I'd read up more closely but our inter club briefing simply stated that we had to make a technical area for sin bins and that, at under 11 level, this would be the next stepping stone from mini football where coaches refereed and players were conveniently substituted if they got out of order.

I think what this thread shows is that there is no consistent understanding, or application,of the rules between coaches, secretaries and parents.

I'm not sure well meaning volunteers are good for the development of our game and I speak as a well meaning volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Why should it relate to what his 'pocket money' is. Does he buy his own football boots, training gear etc. I doubt it. So, you have to pay on his behalf (reimburse his club) but surely if you think he was wrong then you might punish him some other way, stop his wi-fi, ground him or something so that he might think twice before doing it again.
What I'm trying to get across Is if the fine was in relation to his age It would make it easier to make him pay his self So that he does understand Why should he pay the same fine as a adult And why should I pay it I never raised my hand People go on about him learning his lesson But all I can see is him learning it's ok dad will bail me out

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm pretty sure if the club don't appeal I will Or try at least

Don't bother to appeal it will be a waste of time, they won't go against the Ref, as it may stop him or others doing the job in the future. I appealed once, it totally fell on deaf ears the ref was present and looking very smug he knew he was untouchable.
I would let it go and try and get your lad to cool it a bit before he gets a reputation that may not even be warranted.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Thanks.

Not exactly what we'd been told. Yes I know I could find this out if I'd read up more closely but our inter club briefing simply stated that we had to make a technical area for sin bins and that, at under 11 level, this would be the next stepping stone from mini football where coaches refereed and players were conveniently substituted if they got out of order.

I think what this thread shows is that there is no consistent understanding, or application,of the rules between coaches, secretaries and parents.

I'm not sure well meaning volunteers are good for the development of our game and I speak as a well meaning volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not many people know the rules Concerning kids football And if you try to find out It's very well hidden

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What I'm trying to get across Is if the fine was in relation to his age It would make it easier to make him pay his self So that he does understand Why should he pay the same fine as a adult And why should I pay it I never raised my hand People go on about him learning his lesson But all I can see is him learning it's ok dad will bail me out

He'll only think it's ok as dad will bail him out if all you do is actually pay it and not penalise him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here