Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William G Stewart RIP

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
RIP

Used to enjoy watching 15-to-1 when he hosted it - not so keen on the newer Sandi Toksvig version.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Used to love 15 to 1 even though he came over as being a bit dull. RIP.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
bloody hell, he was involved in some big hitters of 70s/80s comedy/light entertainment

RIP

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He was good. 15 to 1 was a straightforward quiz. General knowledge questions one after the other with no fancy machines or concepts, no "characters" and no fanfare.

I will admit to thinking he died ages ago though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Had to Google him. Interesting how presenting a bloody quiz show warrants an RIP thread.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Had to Google him. Interesting how presenting a bloody quiz show warrants an RIP thread.

Because it was in the day of few channels, and ran for YEARS at a time of day where you sat down and watched a bit of telly, probably as a family.

15 to 1 was a mainstay for many people, and as such the presenter was a very familiar face, and voice. Another tv personality from my formative years leaves us.

RIP William.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

If you read what you Googled you'll realise he did many things in his life. A very interesting chap.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Interesting contribution Uncle C. If you think he only presented a quiz show then fair enough. We live in a world now where if you haven't been on I'm a Celebrity or TOWIE some individuals don't know who you are/were.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here