Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big increase in London violent crime - Khan out ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I await [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION], as he seemed to think crime was down the last time this was discussed.

From what I recall it was your own inability to interpret how and why the Crime Survey for England and Wales might be considered a more accurate indicator of crime, why dont you go and read it yourself on the ONS website, not feeling like spoon feeding you today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From what I recall it was your own inability to interpret how and why the Crime Survey for England and Wales might be considered a more accurate indicator of crime, why dont you go and read it yourself on the ONS website, not feeling like spoon feeding you today.

I did actually read up on the subject, quite a lot actually, and all it did was show that the Crime Survey of England is a good, very good, indicator of common and low level crime but is much weaker when used for serious crimes which typically happen in urban environments. Which was a shame given my point was about serious crime in London.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
With a big increase in violent crime in London over the last 12 months, knife crime up over 10% according to the Guardian, acid attacks over 25% etc is it time to give Sadiq Khan his marching orders ?

He seems a nice enough bloke but is he not out of his depth ?

He talks a good talk but little actual ideas or response on the serious crime escalation in London.

Anti-labour new thread from you. It's been a while.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I did actually read up on the subject, quite a lot actually, and all it did was show that the Crime Survey of England is a good, very good, indicator of common and low level crime but is much weaker when used for serious crimes which typically happen in urban environments. Which was a shame given my point was about serious crime in London.

Well why mention me then, I haven't commented on serious crime in London, so why bother trying to attribute any earlier comments on some previous thread about the CSfEW as if it was some flawed analysis on serious urban crime, but when I quoted the CSfEW it was about overall crime and not serious crime in London, its you that has brought me unwillingly into a discussion about something I care little about.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i'd say a 25% rise in acid attacks is pretty serious old boy , mein herr or whatever....???

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Most people would accept that Khan is doing a good job. He's having to fight the tide of an inept government which has made huge benefit cuts, police cuts and policy decisions to benefit only the rich in the capital.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most people would accept that Khan is doing a good job. He's having to fight the tide of an inept government which has made huge benefit cuts, police cuts and policy decisions to benefit only the rich in the capital.

Very much this.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i have never been so aware of the them and us struggle as my last visit to the uk....flying in on the morning of the grenfell tower fire and the ensuing bone pointing and blame dodging coupled with the obscene amount of money being pumped in to central London , building residences that your average working man would never earn enough to buy in a lifetime of work , the western world is a capitalist trap for which the foundations were laid in the early 1900's......create dept and make the masses pay for it in taxes , what was the dept for ..?? who was that money paid to...??.how much is that money worth now if invested properly which it no doubt was..?? trillions.......but you have to laugh don't chya.....ha ha ha,.....................ha.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The long and short of it is a lack of police presence but as was seen from the last major London riots, the police we do have are not willing to act.

That is complete and utter bollox, the police officers did a fantastic job. Some of the top brass got caught out, but to be fair no one could have really predicted the way things would go, I know as I was working in Croydon for the police at the time of the riots...

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You're obviously a ****ing tory.

Conservatives cut police numbers but sure lets blame it on Labour, **** me you're a ****.

I wouldn't vote for a Marxist like Corbyn with his yobbo mates, agreed. Swearing doesn't make you clever, just ignorant

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Police station closures in West London under Mr Khan

Newspaper reports that there are more station closures to come, leaving a scant few, that supposedly will suffice.
IMO it seems there's hardly enough OB to cope with the demands of today.
Utter madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here