Albion making news in the Irish football press

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
brightonwterford.png

via https://www.balls.ie/football/jayson-molumby-dessie-hutchinson-373987

I didn't realise how young they were.

"Jayson Molumby, who is from Cappoquin, made the second appearance of his Brighton career. Last month, the 18-year-old impressed on his debut against Barnet.

Last night, Dessie Hutchinson made his debut. The 20-year-old, who signed his first pro contract with Brighton during the summer, is from Dunmore East. Hutchinson was an integral part of Brighton's U23s last season, sharing the captaincy of the team.

el punal

I just hope that some of the youngsters from the development squad will break into the first team soon. As I haven't seen any of our other teams (DS, U/18, U/23) play, I would interested if any of you that have seen them play predict which players might make the grade.

I always remember when a friend of mine, some forty odd years ago, used to watch the Albion reserves play. He told me that a certain Peter Ward was useful and might score a few goals! A repeat situation of that would be good.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Last night, Dessie Hutchinson made his debut. The 20-year-old, who signed his first pro contract with Brighton during the summer, is from Dunmore East. Hutchinson was an integral part of Brighton's U23s last season, sharing the captaincy of the team.

Don't journalists do any fact-checking these days? Hutchinson signed his first pro contract with Albion in July 2015. :nono:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Good to hear. Which of the two in your opinion would be called upon in PL if injury/suspension to 1st choice midfield?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good to hear. Which of the two in your opinion would be called upon in PL if injury/suspension to 1st choice midfield?

My opinion isn't worth diddly-squat, but Chris Hughton's is somewhat important:-

I don't think it would be unfair to say Jayson has got just that little bit ahead of Dessie. He has been in and around that first team group. Hopefully he will put himself in a position to force a spot. Probably not at this moment but he is in there pushing.

(from the Argus today).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
An intervew with the hurling-loving Dessie Hutchinson:-

From Ballygunner to Brighton

Dessie Hutchinson, an easy-going 20-year-old from the hurling stronghold of Ballygunner in County Waterford and captain of the reserve team at English Premier League team Brighton & Hove Albion, finds himself in limbo. “It’s been up and down,” Hutchinson says. “I made my first team debut but it usually just depends what’s happening with the lads on the first team. Injuries or whatever.” Hutchinson finds himself at that crucial age where first team experience is vital and is hoping to go out on loan in January as he finds himself in the final year of his contract. “In January, the aim would be to go out on loan. Looking at League One or League Two probably. Whether or not I get a new contract, I don’t know.” Dropping down the leagues is definitely an option for the Waterford youngster; “I just have to think of what’s best for me; at my age you need to be playing.”......

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Niether. They could both do with a loan move to a Legaue One or Two club, playing regular first team football, before we introduce them to the heights of the Premier League in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Niether. They could both do with a loan move to a Legaue One or Two club, playing regular first team football, before we introduce them to the heights of the Premier League in my opinion.

'Neither' wouldn't be an option in the scenario posed by the question. If the first choice midfielders were injured or suspended, somebody would have to play there!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I just hope that some of the youngsters from the development squad will break into the first team soon. As I haven't seen any of our other teams (DS, U/18, U/23) play, I would interested if any of you that have seen them play predict which players might make the grade.

I always remember when a friend of mine, some forty odd years ago, used to watch the Albion reserves play. He told me that a certain Peter Ward was useful and might score a few goals! A repeat situation of that would be good.
I've seen a few games. There's a lot of promising youngsters. The most consistent performer IMO is Will Collar - and most likely to stand up to the physical demands of first team football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here