Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Merson makes it six in a row

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Merson has now made it 6 games in a row for both Brighton and Newcastle to fail to win any of their games

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-ham-v-tottenham-arsenal-v-west-brom-and-more

He predicted a 1-1 draw this week for the Seagulls vs Magpies.

The previous 5 have been the following for Brighton:
Bournemouth Win 2-1 (Correct)
West Brom win 1-0 (incorrect)
Watford win 2-0 (Incorrect)
Leicester win 3-0 (Incorrect score but correct result)
City win 4-0 (incorrect score but correct result)

He also predicted Newcastle to lose to Spurs, West Ham and Swansea, and Draw with Stoke and Huddersfield.

How many more games do we think it'll take before he finally decides we might actually win a game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Who cares? He's one of the worst pundits on TV (I say this without having once seen him offer his opinion on us). I've no earthly idea how he holds a job down with SkySports, other than it being the result of that twisted producer's logic which says somebody who was a decent footballer must be a decent broadcaster. Classic Old Boys Network recruitment of a man who can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I don't know if his lack of ability is down to his previous alcohol and cocaine habits, or whether he's always been like that, but I value his opinion on football about as much as I do those of the Nolan Sisters and/ or Keith Harris (with or without Orville).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Merson has now made it 6 games in a row for both Brighton and Newcastle to fail to win any of their games

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-ham-v-tottenham-arsenal-v-west-brom-and-more

He also predicted Newcastle to lose to Spurs, West Ham and Swansea, and Draw with Stoke and Huddersfield.

How many more games do we think it'll take before he finally decides we might actually win a game?

Whilst I'm happy to agree that Merson is a muppet, to quote his previous predictions, with a fairly decent 60% success rate, doesn't really reinforce your point!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Who cares? He's one of the worst pundits on TV (I say this without having once seen him offer his opinion on us). I've no earthly idea how he holds a job down with SkySports, other than it being the result of that twisted producer's logic which says somebody who was a decent footballer must be a decent broadcaster. Classic Old Boys Network recruitment of a man who can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I don't know if his lack of ability is down to his previous alcohol and cocaine habits, or whether he's always been like that, but I value his opinion on football about as much as I do those of the Nolan Sisters and/ or Keith Harris (with or without Orville).

Sooty speaks better than he does

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

So, he's been right 60% of the time

I think a draw as a reasonable expectation from a neutral point of view.

I personally could not give a flying toss what others think about us. Simply, neither should you.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
paul-merson-750x400.jpg
drunk_paulgascoigne.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

That about sums it up...

I've no earthly idea how he holds a job down with SkySports, other than it being the result of that twisted producer's logic which says somebody who was a decent footballer must be a decent broadcaster.

A bit like the logic of someone who was a decent footballer for Man Utd must make a decent manager.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well...

It only took 8 games, but Paul Merson has finally put the mighty seagulls down to actually win a game (although he was quite right on some to put that we'd lose)...

Let's hope he is right this week - 2-1 win for the boys in blue and white!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11077019/mersons-predictions
He's managed to predict a win for us without actually saying anything about our team whatsoever.

Still, he's said we'll win and Palace will lose without scoring again so he might be onto something for once.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Keith Harris is dead so I suppose technically Orville is too as I can't see anyone else carrying on the legacy, fortunately.

Can't argue though that a corpse and a discarded giant green duck puppet now languishing in a garage in Blackpool probably have as much insight into Premier League football as "The Magic Man".

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Keith Harris is dead so I suppose technically Orville is too as I can't see anyone else carrying on the legacy, fortunately.

Can't argue though that a corpse and a discarded giant green duck puppet now languishing in a garage in Blackpool probably have as much insight into Premier League football as "The Magic Man".

Keith Harris and Rod Hull too. We'd better wrap Harry Corbett in cotton wool......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here