Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four players in contention for a return on Sunday

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We’ve been lucky with Dale & Davy staying fit. With Sidwell’s age and Kayal’s injury record, we need another central midfielder in January. I don’t think Norwood, Ince or Molumby fit for various reasons.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us make an improved bid for Delaney in January if we're in a strong position. The question would then be who doesn't make the XI; Stephens, Delaney or Propper?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Norwood and Ince are on season long loans, I believe - and I don't know if we've even got a recall clause.. Yes, we've been lucky with Dale and Davy's fitness, but Sidwell and Kayal are adequate cover, IMHO, or Gross can play CM (and Izzy can then cover Gross's position) - but most of all, I think it's time we put a bit of faith in our youngsters; wouldn't mind seeing Molumbey get a game in the event of injuries. He did fine at B'muff.
We can, of course, look to build in the summer, but for the moment I think our priorities (and as we don't have unlimited funds we have to prioritise) are the striker we couldn't land in the summer, and a 4th. choice CB to let Connor go for half a season in The Championship.

Sidwell seems unlikely to be fit for some time, and both him and Kayal will take time to get up to speed. As for Molumby, he is still really young and if CH thought he was a real option to come in he would surely have got 10 minutes against West Ham

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Sidwell seems unlikely to be fit for some time, and both him and Kayal will take time to get up to speed. As for Molumby, he is still really young and if CH thought he was a real option to come in he would surely have got 10 minutes against West Ham
Bit disappointed he didn't get 10/15 against West Ham. The game was won, unlikely to be a better opportunity to blood him at this level

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As for Molumby, he is still really young and if CH thought he was a real option to come in he would surely have got 10 minutes against West Ham
Yes, you may have a point there. On the other hand, maybe CH saw it as a good opportunity to keep Izzy and Schelotto happy - neither has had much of a look in so far.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get another CM; I just wonder how high it is on our list of priorities - and how far down that list of priorities will we be looking to go for in January?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us make an improved bid for Delaney in January if we're in a strong position. The question would then be who doesn't make the XI; Stephens, Delaney or Propper?

I guess the way the club will look at that is 'who plays when one of Stephens & Propper can't?'.
The answer to that so far this season has been a resounding :ohmy: making another £15m CM less of a gamble.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes, you may have a point there. On the other hand, maybe CH saw it as a good opportunity to keep Izzy and Schelotto happy - neither has had much of a look in so far.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get another CM; I just wonder how high it is on our list of priorities - and how far down that list of priorities will we be looking to go for in January?

Brown - there might be some kind of appearances clause in his loan deal from Chelsea - maybe

The question, as also noted by the poster above, is who plays if Stephens or Propper pulls up in pre-game training tomorrow? If Propper I guess Brown slots in and Gross drops back a bit, but if its Stephens? Maybe Kayal gets rushed back, maybe Schelotto is the option? Rosenior? Maybe just go Propper and Gross. But there isn't an obvious option

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

3rd priority after two strikers with CB being the last/4th priority signing.*

*depending on injuries

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going by our performances so far this season, maybe TB won't get anymore in and save the spendies till next season as it looks like we will survive.......................that should spoil everything now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting post by AZ Gull in the other thread about needing 8 homegrown players in the 25.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?p=8179839

It makes replacing both Goldson and Sidwell trickier as both replacements would have to be home grown as it's more likely any incoming striker wouldn't be.

Of course once Walton finally comes into the squad it'll help with this quota.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Latest Hughton injury watch for Southampton:

Sidwell: “The only injury at this moment is Steve Sidwell - it will still be a while but he’s making good progress. Apart from him, everyone else is fit and available, which is very good news.

Current running order: Hughton - 13 updates in press conferences, 13 correct.

All updates as projected.
Unchanged team for Southampton, Hemed on bench, Kayal/Baldock not risked.

Let’s call that 15 updates out of 15 updates.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting post by AZ Gull in the other thread about needing 8 homegrown players in the 25.

It makes replacing both Goldson and Sidwell trickier as both replacements would have to be home grown as it's more likely any incoming striker wouldn't be.

I don't know if you just mis-typed, but to clarify, at least ONE of the replacements for Goldson and Sidwell would need to be a HGP (and not necessarily both). We currently have nine HGPs and we need to maintain at least eight if we wish to name a 25-man squad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Going by our performances so far this season, maybe TB won't get anymore in and save the spendies till next season as it looks like we will survive.......................that should spoil everything now.
We need strengthening believe me in Jan

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Swansea presser:

Hughton - all fit bar Sidwell

Running total: 15/15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Would like to see Baldock in the squad this week assuming match fit.

If we end up in a losing position wouldn't mind someone like him coming on to chase balls down hard. Bit of an impact to raise the side.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Would like to see Baldock in the squad this week assuming match fit.

If we end up in a losing position wouldn't mind someone like him coming on to chase balls down hard. Bit of an impact to raise the side.

He's fit according to CH. he's deciding whether to give him another u23s run out or not

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Tim Krul is a homegrown player. I know. It doesn't make sense . But he is.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tim Krul is a homegrown player. I know. It doesn't make sense . But he is.
I also have this vague recollection that Murray isn't homegrown due to his age when he played in the US.

Maybe nonsense though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here