Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four players in contention for a return on Sunday

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some have said this was in part down to AK not putting a defensive shift in :moo:

Possibly but Rosenior looked way off the pace but then he's hardly played for a year, so not really that surprising. What a shit season we are going to have on the entertainment front if March and AK are now defenders who might get forward once or twice a game :down:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Possibly but Rosenior looked way off the pace but then he's hardly played for a year, so not really that surprising. What a shit season we are going to have on the entertainment front if March and AK are now back up full backs :down:

:D. I thought it was summed up nicely during one bit of 'action' in the first half ..when we had three players deep into there half on the right.....and ended up with the ball back to our goalie

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Brown is the player we need fit and playing well. It will keep Gross on his game and also mean that Gross can play central midfield if needed. An option we really need with Kayal and Sidwell out for a longer period.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes - that's the one, he can therefore perform as poor as Suttner has been at times.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

I'd play Suttner ahead of Bong even if the former had a couple of leg fractures!!!

Seriously though, Suttner is getting better and the more he plays the better he will get.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I can't work out if this is one of thos threads where there is a running joke that half of us don't know about, or are people really intimating that Bong should start ahead of Suttner? Head mental.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton gives injury updates twice a week , sometimes more. Nobody remembers the updates that turn out to be 100% correct. He trained, he's available, he plays. - the vast vast majority of them . Or they are sometimes a game too soon but they usually return after that as expected.

For some reason there are posters very angry, cynical, disbelieving about the whole idea of communicating what is going on. Why - I can't fathom.
And if a player has a long term injury and the club are , quite rightly , ambiguous about recovery dates, then even more so.
And why the players get it in the neck if they are injured I've no idea.

Why ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hughton gives injury updates twice a week , sometimes more. Nobody remembers the updates that turn out to be 100% correct. He trained, he's available, he plays. - the vast vast majority of them . Or they are sometimes a game too soon but they usually return after that as expected.

For some reason there are posters very angry, cynical, disbelieving about the whole idea of communicating what is going on. Why - I can't fathom.
And if a player has a long term injury and the club are , quite rightly , ambiguous about recovery dates, then even more so.

Why ?

Agree with your whole post, but.........

Other than initially why do you think it's quite right to be ambiguous about the length of injury?

Mourinho, Pep, Dyche haven't in recent times.

Perhaps I shouldn't post because I can't see it matters a great deal, but just interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I was walking past the training ground and picked up Chrissie's notes for the game, he had dropped them ..his writing is not easy to read but here goes...

- These are a good side.
- They have quality all over the park.
- They can hurt us.
- It is a 90 minute game.
- Bong and Brown don't read the Argus. You are not playing.
- We need to be solid.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Why ?

Come off it, how many times in the last couple of years has CH announced a player to be fit or “fine” only for them to be nowhere near the squad on the Saturday. e.g. Bruno last week. If they want to keep the opposition guessing fine but don’t make out we are always told the truth.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Come off it, how many times in the last couple of years has CH announced a player to be fit or “fine” only for them to be nowhere near the squad on the Saturday. e.g. Bruno last week. If they want to keep the opposition guessing fine but don’t make out we are always told the truth.

Hardly any. He's done about 35 press conferences this pre-season/season so far talking about 100+ different updates with much of the squad re: injuries. Nearly all turn out as reported. Yep. Bruno they said was going to be fit but he wasn't.. Knockaert wasn't going to be available for AM but he was.
It's > 95% and even then it's because they decide to be cautious and not risk the player in the end.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agree with your whole post, but.........

Other than initially why do you think it's quite right to be ambiguous about the length of injury?

Mourinho, Pep, Dyche haven't in recent times.

Perhaps I shouldn't post because I can't see it matters a great deal, but just interested.

Not so much ambiguous as the info they have. Last update on Kayal was a return after next international
Break in line with Hughton presser estimate of 8-10 weeks out. Which was revised downward from 12.

I mean cautious about likely return date with long term injuries because it's difficult to project. Albion normally aren't even that

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not so much ambiguous as the info they have. Last update on Kayal was a return after next international
Break in line with Hughton presser estimate of 8-10 weeks out. Which was revised downward from 12.

I mean cautious about likely return date with long term injuries because it's difficult to project. Albion normally aren't even that

Fair enough, I misconstrued.

For long term injuries they also need to factor in the 'match' readiness as well. Was it Bong a couple of years ago who actually ruptured his thigh muscle, similarly Stephens ankle, despite recovering they needed to do additional work....

I guess for Baldock it's like missing the entire pre-season, same with Kayal to a lesser extent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Injuries are not an exact science are they. Bruno may have been fit, but not considered ready for the game, or had a fitness test on the morning of the game and not been quite right. There are a lot of injuries you are mostly relying on the feedback from the player, of course they are desperate to say they are ready generally, but it might not be until a final assessment that you decide its best not to risk them, even if they are actually 'fit'. I'm sure there is a bit of gamesmanship in it, but I'm also not so cynical to believe we are told outright lies.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
- Bong and Brown don't read the Argus. You are not playing.

Or anything else. The injury updates are reported and provided for Sky, BBC, BT and all the national and these days international media. All a conspiracy of course but it's not just the Argus who are in on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here