Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a nuclear bomb landed on Reading...

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Unfortunately if a nuclear bomb was dropped on Reading or some other hellhole, I wouldn't fancy my chances staying in Brighton with the gigantic cloud of irradiated death that would almost certainly engulf the city. Irradiated Brighton=no more PL, no more Falmer, no more Harveys...

On the bright side, no more southern rail.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You'd have to drive through Kent in order to get anywhere.

Yoda

English & European
Worthing and Brighton would be unscathed but Portsmouth and Croydon would be affected (not that anyone would notice).

Capture.png

There's a website that calculates bomb blasts and suchlike. Not sure the casualties figure is correct but this little diagram has pleased me greatly today.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Unfortunately you've only accounted for 3rd degree radiation burns there. Both Worthing & Brighton along with Cheltenham, Northampton & Bedford would suffer from 2nd degree burns, and as far as Southend, Eastbourne, Bournemouth, Poole, Bristol, Worcester, Coventry, Kettering & Cambridge would suffer from 1st degree radiation burns. :down:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell. Everyone's determined to put a downer on this, aren't they ?

Typical NSC really. Only looking at the negatives of a nuclear apocalypse.

Remember, bedwetters: every mushroom cloud has a silver lining!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When's it being dropped I want to get some good photos of the mushroom cloud so that I can post on social media #byebyereading

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Typical NSC really. Only looking at the negatives of a nuclear apocalypse.

Remember, bedwetters: every mushroom cloud has a silver lining!

Precisely. And as you have pointed out, that map is on the basis that the Russkis use their biggest bomb. Let's face it, they're not going to use their good stuff on Reading are they? And if they do then a bit of sun factor 50 will avoid any issue regards burns.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If the bomb fell on Reading the whole UK would glow in the dark,I'm afraid.Quite a lot of radioactive stuff at Aldermaston,Burghfield,etc,so all a bit Dr.Strangelove.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Worthing and Brighton would be unscathed but Portsmouth and Croydon would be affected (not that anyone would notice).

Capture.png

There's a website that calculates bomb blasts and suchlike. Not sure the casualties figure is correct but this little diagram has pleased me greatly today.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Why would anyone bomb Reading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone dropped one on Selhurst yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I had a go to see what would happen if North Korea dropped one on Tokyo. If they drop it on the Imperial Palace I'm in trouble. Where I live is on the edge of the Air Blast Radius and Thermal Radiation Radius so my apartment could get flattened and if I survive that I'll be getting third degree radiation burns.

On the plus side, I live a 90 second sprint away from a very deep subway station on a train line that is rumoured to be nuclear bunker ready so if I get a heads up I might survive. Whoop whoop.

If N.K drops it over the Diet(the Japanese equivelent to the houses of parliament) I'll only have to contend with the third degree burns.

If they drop it over Tokyo Tower, I survive! Unless I'm at work then I don't.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I presume a wind would carry the fallout further East, depends on how the wind blows............fortunately one reason for living in West Wales, no not the only.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here