Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a nuclear bomb landed on Reading...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Worthing and Brighton would be unscathed but Portsmouth and Croydon would be affected (not that anyone would notice).

Capture.png

There's a website that calculates bomb blasts and suchlike. Not sure the casualties figure is correct but this little diagram has pleased me greatly today.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It would also improve the immediate local environment and make it a better place to live (apart from all that annoying radiation stuff killing everyone).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
"'Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough/ It isn't fit for humans now'

Right, I don't think you solve town planning problems by dropping bombs all over the place, so he's embarrassed himself there"

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Milton Keynes, Swindon and Luton within the radius though: bombs are obviously BAD, but some are less bad than others...right?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Milton Keynes, Swindon and Luton within the radius though: bombs are obviously BAD, but some are less bad than others...right?

Having watched MKFANS TV it looks as if the area may already have been affected by some sort of radioactive disaster in the past.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Having watched MKFANS TV it looks as if the area may already have been affected by some sort of radioactive disaster in the past.

One of those "I shouldn't laugh, but I am, moments" :lol:

I see you've opted for the largest bomb available there, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]. Reading certainly does look like a good strategic option, but zooming in on your chosen site does rather suggest it would be curtains too for Horsham, and also Crawley (hmmm).

I've just tried dropping one on Dieppe, and we're well in the clear on the south coast, though might have a few unpleasant clouds drifting up towards Eastbourne again.

*On a serious note (only for a second) aren't the projected casualty figures of such an exercise just a tad sobering??

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One of those "I shouldn't laugh, but I am, moments" :lol:

I see you've opted for the largest bomb available there, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]. Reading certainly does look like a good strategic option, but zooming in on your chosen site does rather suggest it would be curtains too for Horsham, and also Crawley (hmmm).

On a serious note (only for a second) aren't the projected casualty figures of such an exercise just a tad sobering??

No point in doing these things in half measures. Seeing though as it takes in all of London I reckon the casualties figure would be 10 million more than those quoted.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The bomb blast radius looks a bit like the actual roundabouts you have to circumnavigate to get into Reading

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No point in doing these things in half measures. Seeing though as it takes in all of London I reckon the casualties figure would be 10 million more than those quoted.

I was trying to work out where the least populated area was. Tried dropping one on Thetford. Wipes out the whole of East Anglia (sorry, [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] ) up to Cambridge, Peterborough, and taking a fair bit of Essex. Far fewer casualties, however. Maybe mid Wales or somewhere would be thinner still.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in case of nuclear war, substantial weapons would target Portsmouth and London first strike, Dungeness and Gatwick second strike. not much left amongst that.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I was trying to work out where the least populated area was. Tried dropping one on Thetford. Wipes out the whole of East Anglia (sorry, [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] ) up to Cambridge, Peterborough, and taking a fair bit of Essex. Far fewer casualties, however. Maybe mid Wales or somewhere would be thinner still.

You're enjoying this a teensy bit too much.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If one was dropped on Thetford, it'll be like dropping one on London, all those mockneys.
Anyway most of the Norfolk folk will just point at it, as is traditional in those parts.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just dropped the USA's biggest one on Pyongyang over a million dead in the initial blast ... #trumpaggedon :nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well if Southern Fail will be taking the majority of the away support, I'm guessing that they'll be saved with delays and cancellations.

"Platform 3 for the delayed 1724 Southern Service from Reading to London Gatwick. We apologise for the late arrival of this service, which is due to a nuclear incident at Bracknell. This train will now be comprised of four carriages. Please note there will be no buffet car".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here