Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most expensive music related item you have purchased?

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
My NAD 3020 amp, NAD tuner and tape deck together with a Sansui turntable. Saved up for 18 months of part time work whilst at college in the 80s. Can't recall total but was several hundreds and I soooooo pleased with them. Picked up some huge Monitor Audio speakers a year later

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Technics decks mixer amp about a grands worth about 20 years ago.

I bought some beltdriven sounlabs and mixer for about 500 notes.can t beat 1210 s or 1200 s.i play the guitar now which set me back 500notes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around mid 80s, ticket to see Bowie at the Brixton Academy for the Bowie Serious Moonlight Tour - £100 from a tout, desperate measures but well worth it

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Technics decks (three), Pioneer Mixer, Sony double tape deck (two), Bose speakers (six), Denon CD decks, Amps (two).
£10k installed into a bar in Magaluf in '87. And I could mix three decks and a CD at once. Boy was I good. Hate getting old.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Ovation Custom Elite.

ovation_.jpg

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
The super duper deluxe box set version of U2’s Achtung Baby which set me back about £90 odd and this is going back a few years. Worth every penny though it has about 6 cd’s and 4 dvd’s and a very nice hard back book as well as all the tiles from the album cover to make a 4x4” replica of the album cover on your living room wall.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought this was limited to music purchased and merchandise?

My thinking was for people posting about how they'd bought God Save The Queen on A&M and Elvis Presley's white jump suit for silly money but it's more hifi and instruments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The super duper deluxe box set version of U2’s Achtung Baby which set me back about £90 odd and this is going back a few years. Worth every penny though it has about 6 cd’s and 4 dvd’s and a very nice hard back book as well as all the tiles from the album cover to make a 4x4” replica of the album cover on your living room wall.

I remember this. Came with a pair of Bono shades as well if I remember correctly?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It's all relative, of course, but £20 for a replacement elastic band thingy for my Rega turntable. Bloody disgrace, for a small piece of plastic. Should have improvised.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My thinking was for people posting about how they'd bought God Save The Queen on A&M and Elvis Presley's white jump suit for silly money but it's more hifi and instruments.

You can't stop the tide. Most valuable record currently owned would be an interesting one, although could be an invitation to burglars with forensic cyber skills.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I bought a very high quality Sony CD player separate at a car boot for £20. Thought it would be compatible with my other stereo equipment. It wasn't. Cut a long story short, rather than write the CD player off I spent about another 700 buying a new set of separates to go with my "bargain" CD player. Ahhhh, the "disposable income days"....

I have bought a few expensive CD box sets in my time. Led Zeppelin, Elvis, Ray Charles and more. All priced between 50-100 quid. Back when CD's were actually worth something. They all sit in a trunk in the bedroom now. I just have the radio or online compilations playing these days. I've made myself feel rather sad thinking of that. I may set up the cd player again and get the cd's back out.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here