Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most expensive music related item you have purchased?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A Fender Japan 1962 reissue Stratocaster in black with a maple neck. Not that expensive at £350 but significant as first decent guitar. Has been customized since as now has Yngwie Malmsteen Di Marzio HS3 stacked humbucker in bridge position.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Arcam amp along with CD player that played Super Audio CDs with B&W speakers. Then purchased all the Genesis re-issues in SACD. Bliss! (if you like that sort of thing) Not going to work how much all the cost as I might feel a bit sick.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 14.44.25.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
1972 Fender Jaguar in a nice blue. Purchased in 89 for £500, sold 6 years later for £800. So I guess not that expensive
That said, probably over 2K now.
I bloody loved that guitar but couldn't justify owning it because I am crap at playing the guitar.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
At the other end of the scale, I bought a guitar at a boot sale for £8.

I have had hours of fun as I slowly began to get tunes together. I laugh like a drain when I mess things up after a drink. I will never play like I want to, but I don't care. Best 8 quid I ever spent.:rock:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I never quite understand the rules on when it's ok to show off how much money you've got and when it's not.

So we can say that we've got hundreds of grand available if anyone has a good business idea, we can offer jobs to people who'll work for us for about £100k, we can say we've spent a fortune of music gear, we can say we've spent thousands on our lavish holiday, but if we accidentally mention we have a Merc then we're the devil incarnate.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I never quite understand the rules on when it's ok to show off how much money you've got and when it's not.

So we can say that we've got hundreds of grand available if anyone has a good business idea, we can offer jobs to people who'll work for us for about £100k, we can say we've spent a fortune of music gear, we can say we've spent thousands on our lavish holiday, but if we accidentally mention we have a Merc then we're the devil incarnate.

You have a Merc! :rant::nono::laugh:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

In a way, it's good to know that people who get lost in their wealth accumulation....lose sight of where the real pleasure of existence lays.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Probably my electric piano which cost about 450 quid. Unfortunately it's in my parent's loft in Sussex and I'm now in Toronto.

More recently, I spent nearly $200 on a ticket to see Roger Waters. I think that will be money well spent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have a Merc! :rant::nono::laugh:
I do not. Someone posted that they dented their Merc and loads of people had a go at them for showing off what car they had.

In a way, it's good to know that people who get lost in their wealth accumulation....lose sight of where the real pleasure of existence lays.
And just to help those silly fools, why don't you remind them where the real pleasure lays.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£200 on two robbie williams tickets at wembley a couple of years ago. It actually was a bloody good night, with olly murs as support.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but he is one hell of a showman

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I spent over £15,000 on a Copeman Hart organ (OK, it wasn't my money - but my choice, specification and project).

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
AMI continental juke box 1962.
I had money in an ISA that was doing bugger all, so persuaded the Mrs to let me buy it.

"The ISA's not earning any money " I said
"The grandkids will love it " I said
"We can enjoy are ISA at home " I said
Was on eBay for £6,500 at the time and haggled them down to £6,250

They are now going for anything between £12- 15,000 depending on the condition.

IMG_1204.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here