Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't seem like it. Just played an online game and scored with Hemed and Gross- both of them just generic type faces. Bit disappointing

That's a real shame - and a bit odd, I SWEAR we saw photos from the official bha twitter in pre-season of the players doing the motion capture of their faces for FIFA. Did they only bother with a few players?

Nothing will ever beat Charlie Oatway with a ponytail in an old version.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Can anyone confirm whether you can play for Brighton in the story mode?

Getting FIFA is very tempting, especially with Brighton getting the proper EPL treatment, but I think I'd rather save up money and upgrade my computer before getting it.

Yes you can be Brighton in the Journey, I'm playing it right now. Probably not a bad choice either, we need a striker and Alex Hunter fits the bill!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thanks. We saw the Smyths deal, but nearest one would have cost more in fuel than the saving!

Sorted now - the lads' mug Mum, got their mug Grandad to drive 20 miles to Morrisons to get it. It is £47 there, but comes down to £42 if you spend £40 on groceries.

There's a Smyths in Hedge End now!

Does anyone know if GAME will still take xbox 360 consoles and games in part ex?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm charged with picking up a copy (PS4) today for my lads.

Where is the best deal, anybody?

£49.99 seems the going rate? (Tesco, Asda) Think a couple of pounds less at Morrisons, but not one near me.

I managed to get it for £47.99 from GAME in Churchill Square. They're flogging some of the copies which are meant to be bundled with the console for a bit less. For some reason.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Online Seasons - nothing more satisfying than being matched against a Palace fan and beating them.
The Journey
Exhibition Mode with mates, Tourneys
Career Mode

Never touch Ultimate Team. Find it a time consuming faff.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Doesn't seem like it. Just played an online game and scored with Hemed and Gross- both of them just generic type faces. Bit disappointing

That's weird because I swear I saw something on Facebook about Hemed having his digital face capture done for the game. Unless I dreamt it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Something popped up from Brighton official linking to a video about how the player images were captured. I'd have to subscribe to watch it so if someone else could let me know that would be great :lolol:

To me, that read as EA turned up and took all the squad images?

Perhaps not

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I believe it takes a month or so for the promoted teams players faces to be in the game. Was the same last year apparently.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just shelled out 50 notes for this so hopefully it's good! Usually a Pro Evo man but this year I felt like the Amex being in the game meant I HAD to buy it.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Just shelled out 50 notes for this so hopefully it's good! Usually a Pro Evo man but this year I felt like the Amex being in the game meant I HAD to buy it.

Ive done the same, however, Pro Evo gameplay this year is spot on! Add in a PesUniverse option file and it is one of the best football game for years.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
That's a real shame - and a bit odd, I SWEAR we saw photos from the official bha twitter in pre-season of the players doing the motion capture of their faces for FIFA. Did they only bother with a few players?

Nothing will ever beat Charlie Oatway with a ponytail in an old version.

Something popped up from Brighton official linking to a video about how the player images were captured. I'd have to subscribe to watch it so if someone else could let me know that would be great :lolol:

To me, that read as EA turned up and took all the squad images?

Perhaps not

I'm fairly sure the graphics when playing online vs offline are quite a bit different. I find the player likenesses to be much better when playing offline, I guess if the graphics were as good online the game would be even laggier than it already is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How many of the best players, per club, can you name?

I did appallingly, although I wasn't helped by not knowing how to do the answers where there are joint best (just type 2 or 3 surnames in any order in the space provided)

https://whisp.rs/2hyXeEs

Can't get that quiz to work. On an iPad.

N.b. that webpage has got the most ads and pop ups in the history of the internet. Worse even than the Argus or Mirror. Desparate crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here